Discuss handloading, reloading and presses here.
 #41395  by Condition1

Mr.Skellington wrote:
Condition1 wrote: I personally don't want things I cant use.
That's ok its already determined that your only a hobbyist in another thread :P :lol:
Tell us about your collection :D
 #41396  by Condition1

bluedog46 wrote:if they were legal i thought they would be good to pick up before they were banned. As of yet i cant think of a reason to use them. I have contemplated volunteering for maricopa county's deputy force to deal with illegal immigration. In that case i probably would need them along with familiarize myself with various state gun laws as i transport them to there.
You need amor piercing bullets against illegal immigrants?
 #41401  by Boots

Condition1 wrote:You need a[r]mor piercing bullets against illegal immigrants?
Hmmm... I really don't think BHO would appreciate his new voters getting shot!

Remember, not long ago a Mexican drug runner wound up getting shot and two border guards spent years in jail because of it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01 ... ol-agents/
 #41402  by bluedog46

Condition1 wrote:
bluedog46 wrote:if they were legal i thought they would be good to pick up before they were banned. As of yet i cant think of a reason to use them. I have contemplated volunteering for maricopa county's deputy force to deal with illegal immigration. In that case i probably would need them along with familiarize myself with various state gun laws as i transport them to there.
You need amor piercing bullets against illegal immigrants?

supposedly they are heavily armed out in the arizona desert and some wear bullet proof vests.

yes obama probably would be upset with his newest voters and it is a travesty that those two spent any time in jail. They shot an invader similar to what all of us would probably do if someone came into our house. They would not be an "undocumented guest". just like a rapist is not an "unwanted sex parter"
 #41465  by Strelok

Amy Blackthorn wrote:
jslacker wrote: something similar called Ranger SXT for handguns.
These are only illegal in Wilmington.
Amy, are you saying "Winchester Ranger Law Enforcement" ammo banned in Killmington?
I wonder what LEOs carry over there?

I heard something about "Black Talon" was or is banned because of that black bullet coating, but SXT in the third generation from that and there is no any coating on the bullet except copper jacket anymore.
Well I have some of those Ranger LE and planned on carry those for personal defense and you never know when you may need to use them, it may as well be Killmington. :o

Where can I find more information on this?
 #41472  by Strelok

scampbell3 wrote:Here is a good summary about Black Talon ammunition

http://www.thegunzone.com/black-talon.html

I am not aware that there ever has been, or currently is an prohibition on possessing this ammunition either old BT or current Ranger SXT.

Chip
Well, the way I see it, even if you won't get a criminal charges for using those bullets in self defense, with such a strong (wrong) public opinion you may get yourself a nasty civil suit if the representetive of that "public" rules the court.
I may reconsider carry Ranger ammo with me. :cry:
 #41475  by Mr.Skellington

Condition1 wrote:
Mr.Skellington wrote:
Condition1 wrote: I personally don't want things I cant use.
That's ok its already determined that your only a hobbyist in another thread :P :lol:
Sadly it was all lost in a tragic boating accident 8-)
 #41477  by Condition1

Mr.Skellington wrote:
Condition1 wrote:
Mr.Skellington wrote: That's ok its already determined that your only a hobbyist in another thread :P :lol:
Sadly it was all lost in a tragic boating accident 8-)
No sarcasm intented:
Did anybody else get hurt? How did it happen? Which guns did you loose?
 #41482  by radnor

Amy Blackthorn wrote:
jslacker wrote: something similar called Ranger SXT for handguns.
These are only illegal in Wilmington.
You might want to check that. If I read the US Code correctly, no can do See SEC 922(a)(7) unless you can satisfy section (C) - (good luck with that)
http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin ... &TYPE=TEXT
Code: Select all
Sec. 922. Unlawful acts

(a) It shall be unlawful--
        (7) for any person to manufacture or import armor piercing 
    ammunition, unless--
            (A) the manufacture of such ammunition is for the use of the 
        United States, any department or agency of the United States, 
        any State, or any department, agency, or political subdivision 
        of a State;
            (B) the manufacture of such ammunition is for the purpose of 
        exportation; or