Discuss handloading, reloading and presses here.
 #41878  by myopicvisionary

Since you're delaying your start up, save more over delay time to get a progressive. Are you planning to reload for more than one caliber?
 #41883  by Condition1

myopicvisionary wrote:Since you're delaying your start up, save more over delay time to get a progressive. [...]
What he said! If I were to buy all over again I would start with a progressive press. As a matter of fact, I believe (don't quote me on that since I don't have one) you can setup a progessive press in single stage mode so you can try different loads.
 #41893  by stephpd

Condition1 wrote:
myopicvisionary wrote:Since you're delaying your start up, save more over delay time to get a progressive. [...]
What he said! If I were to buy all over again I would start with a progressive press. As a matter of fact, I believe (don't quote me on that since I don't have one) you can setup a progessive press in single stage mode so you can try different loads.
That's pretty much what I've been doing with mine lately, working on some 30-06 loads and having to remove the crimp from around the primer pocket. More of a quasi single stage really. With the LNL feature of the Hornady it's a breeze to remove/ reinstall dies and/or powder in any combination.

They started back up their 'get loaded' sale again. That's what got me to purchase it. (1000 JHP bullets as a rebate) When figuring in the amount the bullets cost it brought down the price of the press significantly.

I was looking for a Dillon, since everyone that has one likes them. But even used they were still close to retail price.
 #41907  by myopicvisionary

With Dillon's removeable toolhead, one you set up a caliber, you never have to recalibrate when switching calibers!