Discuss handloading, reloading and presses here.
 #43533  by myopicvisionary

Plus when i get my ar-15 i am sure i will save a boat load of money because of how much it costs to feed.
The bigger the brass you are reloading; the more you will save, especially with rifles!
 #43537  by stephpd

Prices for all the components have gone up over the last few years. Powder, primers, lead (in case you get into casting) and brass.

I just wish I'd started hoarding a decade ago. Just bought a few more ammo cans and they cost almost twice as much as a couple years ago too.

I got a MEC 600 (used) for Christmas and I'm working on a few thousand rounds for the 12 gauge. Even shot prices keep going up.
 #43569  by bluedog46

GatorDude wrote:Yes, ammo costs went through the roof in preparation for the impending ban on ammo...that never even started...went anywhere...or nothing....

Fear was great for the sellers of ammo (and firearms) though.... Welcome to gouging 101.....
we can disagree, but ill agree with you there. You hit the nail on the head, but lets be honest there are many politicians that would if they could. I would have been shooting much more 22 if 9mm was $40 a box. I heard ar 15s were up for awhile.
 #44042  by down_south

Hey blue, I think I can help you out. I have a RCBS rock chucker that I can give you. You'll have to buy your own dies and tools to go with it. Im looking to upgrade my equipment, so I dont need it. There are 2 things I will ask from you. 1st you will have to pick it up. I live in laurel, I could meet you in greenwood but no futher north. 2nd I ask that one day you help bring someone else into the reloading world. This offer is only good to bluedog, and only for the next 14 days.