Discuss handloading, reloading and presses here.
 #43295  by bluedog46

I am still just in the exploratory phase and wnat to get into this. I know people sometimes upgrade stuff, so i thought i would see if anyone has an older press they would like to sell. I would be looking for 9mm and preferably something relatively easy for a novie to use.
 #43333  by desteve811

What type of press? Single stage or progressive? I'll be upgrading to a dillon progressive press and will have a lee turret press available when it comes in but I don't load or have a 9mm
 #43334  by bluedog46

pm sent
 #43403  by bluedog46

i checked dillon out actually and you were right seem really good. Almost like an assembly line. The price tag is a bit rich for my blood right now though unless someone sells a used dillon
 #43405  by scottese

Good luck with that part...most guys keep their Dillons. Even when they upgrade they keep the smaller press as a backup or for a dedicated second, less used caliber.
 #43439  by bluedog46

maybe i checked the wrong place, but arent these like $450-$600?
 #43442  by Strelok

Yes, they are not cheap. When I was ready to upgrade to a progressive I came across a good deal on Hornady Lock-n-Load AP Progressive press a few years ago. During that time Hornady also had promotion "1000 free bullets" with purchase. So, I "pulled the plug". I believe they give only 500 now. I'm happy with my Hornady.