Discuss handloading, reloading and presses here.
 #52609  by Condition1

I would advise not to shoot lead through the Glock, but if you do decide to do it make sure to inspect the chamber every 50-100 rounds or so for build up.
 #52613  by bluedog46

Condition1 wrote:I would advise not to shoot lead through the Glock, but if you do decide to do it make sure to inspect the chamber every 50-100 rounds or so for build up.
I have heard that about glocks. Most people i knw will shoot lead out of them but give them a good cleaning like you mentioned. One guy told me as soon as i get the cash to consider a wolf replacement barrel as the buildup would not occur as bad.
 #53955  by steddyj

bluedog46 wrote: anyone knows a bullet maker let me know.
Berry's Manufacturing http://www.berrysmfg.com/

They sell plated bullets - cast lead which is swaged to size, plated with copper, swaged again to verify the diameter. It's a great compromise between the affordability of Cast bullets and performance of FMJ. Prices are low and it's free shipping for orders over $50. That alone is well worth it - I ordered 1000 pcs each of 115gn 9mm RN and 230gn .45 RN a few weeks back - shipping 50lbs of lead is not fun. Everything was here within a few business days.

My only complaint with them so far is that they never notified me when my order shipped. Combined with some oddities with the mailman I didn't realize I had them for a few days after they were delivered.

Berry's does not publish load data for their bullets. They say to use medium-range jacketed loads and not to exceed 1200fps with handgun or 1400fps with rifle rounds. Modern Reloading Second Edition has some load information for plated bullets if you want to be exact, but each one is only on average .1gn less than the same powder with an FMJ round of the same shape and mass.

As for powder, X-ring has a good selection, but their prices are a few extra bucks from some I've seen. I've heard Millers has better prices on powder, but I haven't been able to make it over there. I had meant to stop in there today, but got there a few minutes after closing and got some rude comments from the staff as they were leaving. From what I understand, that's par for their service. I'm considering sticking with X-Ring for their service and regular business hours, it's not worth saving a few bucks if I'm going to get attitude for daring to patronize the shop, not to mention that it's a bit more out of the way.

EDIT: Just notice the last post on this was June, could have sworn it said July. I suppose I should go to bed... Anyway, I assume you have your bullets already and are reaping the benefits of reloading. Hopefully this info will be worthwhile to someone at some point.
 #53957  by bluedog46

Thanks again all. I now just need a reloading bench, brush up on some prayers that i dont double charge or get squibs and I am good to go.