Discuss handloading, reloading and presses here.
 #50611  by Sta27ems

I am having problems with brass getting stuck. I am very new to the reloading thing and not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help will be appreciated.
 #50622  by bluedog46

for 9mm i thought you did not have to lube in the case of carbide dies?
 #50631  by Delta2Echo

What caliber are you reloading when it gets stuck?
 #50632  by Sta27ems

9mm with lee carbide dies in a rcbs single stage
 #50633  by myopicvisionary

Your cases shouldn't be getting stuck or need lube in a carbide sizer die. Remove the sizer die and verify that it is indeed carbide.
 #50639  by Delta2Echo

myopicvisionary wrote:Your cases shouldn't be getting stuck or need lube in a carbide sizer die. Remove the sizer die and verify that it is indeed carbide.
Exactly. In the future, get Hornady or better for pistol dies. I used to say the same about rifle...but I can't get over Redding now. They have been the best damn dies I've ever gotten to use personally.

Edit: it would probably help to tell you how to identify, lol...take it out and look inside. The carbide is a darker grey color. Will look different from the steel used in the rest of the die for the threads, etc.
 #50646  by myopicvisionary

Whenever possible, I always use Dillon or Redding dies.
 #54330  by stephpd

Even for carbide dies I use some lube. Something like every 5th or 10th bullet seems to make it so much easier. I'll just take a handful and use the spray on lube then grab one every now and then when I feel extra friction. Even then I don't coat the whole case , just lay them down on a towel and spray one side.