Discuss handloading, reloading and presses here.
 #64671  by cslade454

myopicvisionary wrote:Guess what, I've seen alot of the same things happen with factory ammo as well. It is NOT just the ammunition... the firearm in question and the human being involved are part of the equation as well.
Me too. Absolutely True! I was just tying to help anyone think of getting into reloading. I have logged in a little north of 130,000 rounds of pistol and rifle rounds loaded. I teach reloading and I have manged to help may people enjoy this very worth wile hobby safely. This info was developed back in the 1950s by the army and marine shooting teams. Its nothing really new. Good luck and be safe!
 #64674  by cslade454

To give credit were its due, It was Paul Smith of K&D cartridge that taught me how to load 5.56 on a progress press(a Dillion 650 that I bought when the First George Bush was President). I had been loading 223 on a single stage for a match AR but because Bill Clinton had just been elected and was promising to ban assault rifles I when out and picked up a new blaster(a CAR15 with an A1 upper). I needed more ammo than that single stage could handle.
 #64691  by Delta2Echo

cslade454 wrote:To give credit were its due, It was Paul Smith of K&D cartridge that taught me how to load 5.56 on a progress press(a Dillion 650 that I bought when the First George Bush was President).
There's no such thing as a progress reloading press. :D :sparring:

Paul is a fantastic guy. Always has some helpful advice, and is great to talk to. That man has some stories, lol.