Login    

Register FAQ  •  Search    

· Home ·   Forums ·  Who Are We? ·  What is Open Carry? ·  CCDW Process ·  FAQ ·  Contact ·  Terms ·

Fundraiser to Support Delaware Open Carry!

We've come to that time of the year when our server lease and domain name registrations are coming up for renewal. In the past, many of you have expressed your generosity in the form of donations in order to keep the site running - I'm asking for your support again this year.

Please visit our donation information page for more details and, if you enjoy this site, if you've ever attended our gatherings or, if this community has brought you some knowledge or entertainment, please give what you can to keep us going.

→ Donation Information Page ←

It is currently Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Range Ammo
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:20 pm 

I've recently purchased a couple new pistols and have been itching to spend some serious time @ the range.

I've been doing some checking and I want to hear from folks that have used .380 and 9mm target ammo. I'm new to both calibers so any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Range Ammo
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:07 pm 

Winchester white box at Walmart works. Unless you look online for a bulk purchase. Maybe check Cabellos too?

I usually buy the cheapest name brand ball ammo for range food.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:09 am 
Global Moderator

Walmart used to regularly stock an Italian ammo called Perfecta (115gr, 9mm). My Springfield XD's love that ammo. It was $9.78/50 round box. But, I don't think they carry that any longer. They seem to cater to Winchester and Remington now.

I'd suggest trying to find bulk ammo online somewhere, during a sale (per round) or free shipping or both. Maybe try Palmetto State Armory, Cabela's, NatchezSS, etc.

Have you used Gunbot before? You can search for the cheapest ammo (per round).

http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/pistol/9mm/

"You have to be prepared to do the violence in order to survive the violence."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:48 pm 

Gun.deals is sort of a drudgereport for buying gun things.

They have posts of items for sale from many different vendors / stores there, with links to that vendors site. The benefit is that for you don’t necessarily have to goto multiple vendor sites. Ammo, guns, parts,’accessories, etc. again, they don’t sell directly, but they list items from vendors and provide links to the specific vendor.

They list different things for a few days each and then have different things. It’s not all inclusive, but there are usually links to good deals on more common/popular ammo. Usually some of the places Dave mentioned. 9/223/556/45 etc are usually represented and they break the price down /round.

It’s worth a check.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:31 pm 

For 9 I've always used white box, federal range, and Remington UMC with success.