Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
  by Red Alert

Thanks Jerry and Dave...
  by Red Alert

Well, been looking around and checking out reviews and info. One thing I've decided was to get either a 9mm or .380. A .40 in the frame gun I want doesn't seem like it would be something I'm looking for @ the moment.

Like I stated, I already have a full frame .40 and love it. But it's by no means a CC pistol.

I am really liking the XDs 9 and the Sig P290. Kind of on the fence with the Walther CCP.

Anyone have or shot the Sig P290 or Walther CCP? Dave has the XDs9. Haven't really seen a .380 that I like yet...
  by Owen

I shot a friends P290 (9mm). The trigger pull and the reset are long it was smooth. The pistol is a bit too small for me, even with my smallish hands. I think they make an extended mag which would help.
  by Amy Blackthorn

We have the 290RS. Very nice. Larger and heavier than the 938 but in the good sturdy way.
  by Red Alert

I stopped at Xring lastnight. Man they are good people. I held a few pistols. Thinking the .380 is too small for my hands. I held the Sig 290 in two tone. Felt great in my hand but a bit heavy for what I was looking for. I was trying to stay around 19-20 oz for CC. My .40 is 28 oz loaded. Love the gun it's just to big to cc. I held the M&P Shield 9mm. It felt the best. The others I tried was the Kahr 9, Kel tech, SR9c, and a glock. I just don't like glocks. I don't like how they look and certainly didn't like how it felt in my hand. The guy did try to sway me to a .45 glock or XD. Not sure what he didn't understand. Im looking at weight here. I thought I held the Shield before I purchase the LC9s. But it really seemed like it was calling me yesterday...
  by dave_in_delaware

Did you get to handle an XD while you were there?
  by Red Alert

I did Dave but it was a .45. He told me the 9 would be the same. Is that correct? I can't see that...
  by dave_in_delaware

You could go to SA's website. They list every gun's specs. I don't remember all the info off the top of my head.
  by 5TH GENERATION

Shield and XDS are great for conceal carry. I love them both. Also, carried Beretta PX4 SC 9mm for years. Little wider and heavier but loved it also.
  by NCC

Red Alert wrote:I did Dave but it was a .45. He told me the 9 would be the same. Is that correct? I can't see that...
I would think if nothing else the .45 is heavier. Maybe same dimensions though, you'll have to check.

I have tried a lot of guns for CC in my quest for the ultimate lightweight CC. I keep going back to the 1911 with a .380 or .38 snub nose for a BUG. Here is one I have with a Lasermax installed. Just make sure it will eat the ammo you want to use.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/bu9-nano/

I also have a Gen1 of these from the 90's, all tricked out though. You either love'em or you hate'em. I did NOT like their PF9 though.

http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/p-11/pistol/