Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #17939  by Tony T

After leaving today's DLEMA match I decided to check out Shooter's Choice near Dover as I'd never been there before. Nice shop. Prices seemed reasonable for most of the stuff I looked at. Counterman was courteous and helpful.

Didn't really intend to buy anything until I noticed the Pro-Shot competition cleaning kit for pistols. It was $19.90 and looked like quality gear so it came home with me. The product includes everything needed to clean (.38/.357.9mm), (.40/10mm), and .45acp.

The first thing that caught my eye and the reason I bought it was the cleaning rod. It's stainless steel, has an incorporated brass bore guide, and an anodized aluminum handle. It looked well machined and I'm happy to say that it is. I'm not taking it apart to see if it has ball bearings, but I can tell you that it rotates with almost no measurable resistance. You can spin the handle in your fingers it's so well made.

The kit includes 3 cleaning jags, one for each caliber group listed above. It also includes a one patch holder and one soft bristle bore brush. The jags and patch holder are machined out of brass as well, every bit as nice as the cleaning rod. Misc other items include a small pack of patches and a bottle of "Pro-Shot 1 step cleaner and lubricant". It's a pink fluid, viscous. Haven't messed with it yet.

I bought the longest Pistol version so I could use it on my 8" Anaconda. Imo it was very reasonably priced and very high quality. I like it so much I bought an additional Pro-Shot jag in .44 cal. The shorter length kits were priced even lower.

Quality gear, figured people would like it. Now I'm off to clean at least one gun before family stuff intervenes.