Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #59894  by fdegree

A little research is indicating that the G26 gen4 was not changed too much from the gen3...so these are not really having any problems. But the G19 gen4 had a few different changes that resulted in some problems. It appears as though these problems have been solved by Glock. The earlier releases of the G19 gen4 are being fixed by Glock at no cost to the owners...Glock is even paying shipping charges. The newest releases of the G19 gen4 seem to have the updates already installed, and are performing much better. Apparently, the change over date from earlier vs. newer releases is 10/10/11.

This is making me feel better about the gen4's. Of course, these are mechanical devices, and mechanical devices occasionally fail...sooner or later.

I am seriously leaning toward the Glock 26 gen4. But, I have to try one out first.

Thanks to everyone for their help and guidance!!!
 #59945  by bluedog46

bmel17 wrote:the 26 shoots nice. I found it easier to shoot than most sub-compacts. It also seemed more accurate as well
My wife handles the 26 much better than my glock 17. Says the 17 has too much recoil. We have not bought one yet, but used the rental at Targetmaster ( free for members).
 #59953  by bmel17

That odd, I would have thought the 17 being larger and heavier would absorb more of the recoil than the 26. I felt the 26 had slighty more than my 19. The 26 might have just felt better though in her hands and asorbed better since she has smaller hands.

I am assuming your wife isn't like man hands from seinfeld :lol: lmao thinking about that lady cracking the lobster!!
 #59993  by bluedog46

I actually thought the same. I had a few people tell me the 19 has less felt recoil. That was one of the ones she tried. The springfield xd ended up being her first 9mm and she since got a taurus 92 9mm. You can hardly feel any recoil with it, but the grips are big.
 #62841  by erikelvis

I have a Gen 4 19 and a Gen 3 26. Id have to say that by far the 26 is my favorite gun to shoot. The pinky thing doesn't bother me at all and Im 6'1" with average size hands. Conceal wise Im fairly new to it. I have a cross breed supertuck with combat cut for the 26 but it fits the 19 just fine. You just feel the handle in your back a little more. And as far as the Gen 4 FTE probs I have a Jan made gen 4 and I put 150 rounds through it with one FTE. And it was an obviously weak round of remington umc.
 #62850  by bluedog46

erikelvis wrote:I have a Gen 4 19 and a Gen 3 26. Id have to say that by far the 26 is my favorite gun to shoot. The pinky thing doesn't bother me at all and Im 6'1" with average size hands. Conceal wise Im fairly new to it. I have a cross breed supertuck with combat cut for the 26 but it fits the 19 just fine. You just feel the handle in your back a little more. And as far as the Gen 4 FTE probs I have a Jan made gen 4 and I put 150 rounds through it with one FTE. And it was an obviously weak round of remington umc.
for a minute there I thought you were going to talk about a glock jamming. I have only been shooting going on two years but I have not had one jam with my glock 17 and the only ones I have seen were reload ammo related.
 #62851  by bluedog46

rosco87 wrote:I'll conceal carry a Kel-Tec .32 I love it small but accurate!
Does that thing have enough juice to stop someoe or would you have to get a head shot? I worry my wife's 380 bodyguard might not have enough of a punch.
 #62852  by jslacker

Let her "punch" you with it Blue, then tell us about it.... Maybe... :?
 #62858  by rosco87

I hope pulling the gun would be enough to stop someone but at that distance with hollow points in it......it def has enough to do the job!