Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #64942  by jslacker

Picked up an AR-15 finally after what feels like forever. I know some other members here have or will be getting a Stag I wanted to post up this thread. Feel free to add pics of your Stags.

Comes with a Plano case inside a Stag marked box.

It comes with everything pictured below except for the four P-mags & ammo. Oh yeah that Zombie Permit was an add on at the counter too. :)

Carbine length, 6 position stock, detachable carry handle, F marked FSB, chrome lined 1/9 twist. I plan on swapping on the round hand guards for a quad rail system, and getting a BUIS and maybe some kind of E-O. Also going to swap out the grip, going to show Magpul some love on that one. ;)

The roll marks are deep and the logo is not bad IMO.

It says it has M4 feed ramps cut in, but they are barely there from what I can see.

Again with the staked gas key the cuts are hardly there.

I also found what looks like a piece of wire brush stuck in between where the barrel goes into the receiver. You can actually see this piece of trash in the M4 feed ramp pics above, it will be above the right feed ramp in both pictures.

Edited To Add:
Dual front sling attachments and a bayonet lug.

F marked FSP. Looks like it was stamped twice? Not sure what the "A" is all about.

The barrel markings:

Overall I guess not bad for a first EBR :twisted: Paid 950 out the door on this at X-Ring Supply.
Last edited by jslacker on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
 #64945  by bluedog46

SWEET!

What did you say it set you back again?

My model two was $800 and something.
 #64946  by jslacker

jslacker wrote:...Paid 950 out the door on this at X-Ring Supply.
 #64950  by cj45lc

Good for you bud :applause:

the feed ramps look like all the other M4's that I've seen but the stake job doesn't look to sporty but it could just be the pic.

Let us know how it shoots & how you like it
 #64954  by Lascivious1

cj45lc wrote:Good for you bud :applause:

the feed ramps look like all the other M4's that I've seen but the stake job doesn't look to sporty but it could just be the pic.

Let us know how it shoots & how you like it
Congrat's!
I was gonna say the same thing M4 looks right. the stake looks kinda on the light side. maybe give it another punch?
 #64962  by phlydude

Nice - thanks for the pics!

Shame that you found some issues with the QC but better to find them now than after that wire goes down the barrel with a 55gr bullet behind it!

Definitely punch those stake marks again...

I have a Magpul MOE buttstock...be warned, it does NOT come with a sling swivel...Magpul wants you to buy their buffer tube ambidextrous sling mount
 #64967  by jslacker

Condition1 wrote:Congratulations man, a new gun is always a great feeling - especially an AR15.
Thanks man, can't wait to shoot it!
phlydude wrote:...And of my M4 ramps:
phlydude wrote: Nice ramps, yours look a bit deeper cut into the receiver than mine.