Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #66325  by calee13

I replaced my Taurus PT140 PRO gen.2 with a new Ruger SR40c the other day. After a good cleaning I went to the range today and I was very pleased that it operated flawlessly. I fired 150 rounds using both the 10 and 15 rounds magazines.The 10 round mag will be my CC choice and has a spur to rest your pinky finger, which I like, my PT140 doesn't have one and I was never able to locate an aftermarket one. The 15 rounder is nice for the range. I had read that the SR40c was the lightest recoil 40 on the market but I really couldn't notice any difference from Taurus 40.
The only negative, for me anyway, is the sights. The Taurus rear sight has two large dots whereas the Ruger's rear two dots are really,really small for my old eyes. If I want small tight groups a sight change will be necessary but it's not a game changer for me as it's strictly a carry weapon for me and it produces 3" to 4" groups at 10 yards.........I'm a happy camper. :pbjtime:
 #66344  by Lascivious1

While i have the 9mm version. its the best OC gun i think. im around 1k rounds and not a hiccup. i love the darn thing.

I agree the dots are very small. but it shoots very accurate. plus i really like the chamber indicator. while some dont, its nice to know you got one in the chamber ;)
 #66371  by Frank

If you just use the dots for quick sight alignment, and use the sight notch and front sight to actually sight the pistol, you will shoot better groups. Next practice, forget the dots and use the sights themselves.