Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #67052  by jslacker

Your welcome on the tutorial.

I would think numbers so crudely etched into the slide like that would considerably lower the value, no?
 #67308  by budkyle

Here are some better pics. A friend who does minor gunsmithing told me that the crude etching could be buffed out, but he thought that it might bring the values down.

1911:

Llama:

Holsters:

#67311  by Boots

There is a small stamping above the magazine release on the left side of the 1911 frame...
Do you have a better picture of it, or can you describe it?
 #67320  by budkyle

I couldn't get the camera to focus the mark. Here is a rough drawing of what it looks like:

#67335  by Boots

That's what I thought. A flaming bomb inspection mark, but I couldn't tell for sure from the pic.
 #67340  by Boots

FYI-

I edited and updated my post at the bottom of page 1 of this thread.
 #68923  by chrvfmc

Sir, What you have are two different types of 1911's. The slide is an Colt ( Remington Slide) ww1 era.. and the lower or receiver is a ww2 era Springfield. I have a slide to make your Springfield complete. let me know if you would like more information.. I also looking for the slide you have for my Colt lower. Let me know if I can help you out anymore.
 #68930  by jslacker

chrvfmc wrote:Sir, What you have are two different types of 1911's. The slide is an Colt ( Remington Slide) ww1 era.. and the lower or receiver is a ww2 era Springfield. I have a slide to make your Springfield complete. let me know if you would like more information.. I also looking for the slide you have for my Colt lower. Let me know if I can help you out anymore.
Seems like two members could make out on this deal!