Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #67528  by Jonnybow

I have a Colt 1911 that I'd love to have done up with Cerakote, does anyone on here have a fairly local business they'd recommend to do this. I want to drive this gun to the business so I can check them out instead of shipping it.
 #67704  by Jonnybow

I found a certified Cerakote applicator and a gunsmith with FFL in Northern Va. He's taking care of my 1911, having it done with Armor Black on the frame and Titanium on the slide. 2-4 week turn around time, not too bad.
www.vcindustriesllc.com
 #67708  by jslacker

Please do!
 #67863  by Jonnybow

Yes, Paul is a friend of mine, we share customers! Paul is "by appt only" and because of that, has longer turn around times than he used to. I did talk to him yesterday though.
 #67867  by Lascivious1

I dont know much about cerakote so can someone just enlighten me on a couple questions?

1: how tough is cerakote?

2: does it scratch off easy?

3: i guess the real question to ask is what are the pro's and especially the cons to cerakote?

4: what colors does it come in?

Thinking about making my WaltherPPQ one of a kind
 #67889  by Lascivious1

Aw man i want it now. i wanna get tiny skulls on the slide showing bullet fractures through it ;P that would be so badass lol

probably to much for some of you guys but that would be a sweet PPQ

Yes please post pics and if you remember and doont mind asked them if they can do what i just mentioned?
 #67894  by bluedog46

Lascivious1 wrote:Aw man i want it now. i wanna get tiny skulls on the slide showing bullet fractures through it ;P that would be so badass lol

probably to much for some of you guys but that would be a sweet PPQ

Yes please post pics and if you remember and doont mind asked them if they can do what i just mentioned?
I would love to do something like that to my Glock, but my luck if I have to use it in self defense teh prosecutor will find someone way to make dont tread on me or a punisher skull make me look like some right wing republican.