Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #67946  by bluedog46

Ok I love my new Colt Commander, but the ammo is a bit expensive. I know reloading is an option and already have some people lined up to help me with that endeavor. What I was wondering were some thoughts on the 1911 pistols that are in 22 caliber. Also does the 9mm 1911 have a similar kick to a 45acp?

I was just curious of what the more experienced shooters think of the two as an option for some inexpensive practice.
 #67967  by bluedog46

myopicvisionary wrote:I love my Kimber conversion unit on a 1911 frame!
Does it matter that I have a colt or should it fit? I read someplace that there was a difference in the conversion kits having something to do with a series 80 and 70 colts
 #69396  by Twitchn1911

I love my 9mm 1911 and no it does not have as much recoil as the .45acp. But it's not like the .45 recoils that bad. A .22 conversion or a .22 pistol is even cheaper to shoot, plus they are fun as hell to shoot. The cost of ammo is the big difference you will see. Doe's the Kimber conversion use the Kimber firing pin block? Or Doe's it not have a block in it?
 #70208  by bluedog46

tom_20m wrote:Hey Blue, for the price of the kimber .22 conversion. I would spend the money on an actually 1911 .22 handgun. This way you have two guns. Check with Chris. I'll be picking one up after I get the funds.
You are probably looking at the same .22 1911 that I was. They are sweet. Good price as well. I also was debating getting a 9mm.