Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #68654  by cj45lc

whatevah wrote:Oh 427 at Walmart, nice... No transfer fees there.

HELLO !!!...j/k lmao
 #68764  by whatevah

Put around 400 rounds through it today, only issues were one mag kept jamming. I think it wasn't loaded correctly (12 year old loaded it), as the rims seemed like they were overlapping the bullet below it. The tip of the bullet would jam against the end of the feed lip and not chamber into the barrel. Put that aside and kept using the 2 other magazines with no issues. Lots of fun! Went with my uncle on his families tree farm, plenty of area to shoot on. His son and 2 of our second-cousins (10 and 12) came along. The little ones loved my rifle, even laid in the grass to shoot with the bipod. I shot around 125 rounds, the kids shot around 100 rounds a piece and my cousin and uncle each shot 50 rounds, I think... kinda lost track.

I had 3 mags loaded when I got there with Federal bulk (550rd box), CCI Stinger, and Remington Thunderbolt. All 3 mags cycled fine, so we used the Federal for the rest of the day.

After I got home, I fought with the bad magazine and unloaded the 19 remaining rounds. Loaded it again and it seems to feed fine, now. Hopefully it was just loaded badly earlier.
 #68909  by Lascivious1

cj45lc wrote:Still looks good to me

BTW I saw a S&W 15-22 at the Wal-Mart in Camden the other day for $427
I was surprised to see they had 5 or 6 AR's there also, I didn't look to see what brand they were
Probably Fisherprice and Playskool :pbjtime: :lol:
 #68916  by cj45lc

Lascivious1 wrote:
cj45lc wrote:Still looks good to me

BTW I saw a S&W 15-22 at the Wal-Mart in Camden the other day for $427
I was surprised to see they had 5 or 6 AR's there also, I didn't look to see what brand they were
Probably Fisherprice and Playskool :pbjtime: :lol:

IDK I hear they sell Colt 6920's in some parts of the country
 #68917  by bluedog46

What kind of prices were they asking on ar-15?

Also did anyone notice a box of the cheap 9mm went up to like almost $13? A couple years when I started shooting it was less than $10.
 #68932  by jslacker

bluedog46 wrote:What kind of prices were they asking on ar-15?

Also did anyone notice a box of the cheap 9mm went up to like almost $13? A couple years when I started shooting it was less than $10.

I believe Walmart has the Bushmaster line...

And yes I noticed that too Blue, and sadly I haven't been able to shoot as much as I used to because of it... When I first got into guns a box of Federal champion FMJ was 9.99 now its up to 13.00. :roll:
 #68939  by bluedog46

jslacker wrote:
bluedog46 wrote:What kind of prices were they asking on ar-15?

I believe Walmart has the Bushmaster line...

And yes I noticed that too Blue, and sadly I haven't been able to shoot as much as I used to because of it... When I first got into guns a box of Federal champion FMJ was 9.99 now its up to 13.00. :roll:
We must have gotten into guns at the same time.

Might be time for a massive re-loading pow wow