Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #68540  by whatevah

First, the pics...

Ruger 10/22 with the Archangel AR556R kit, Ruger BX25 mags, Firefield reflex green/red dot sight, knockoff T-Pod foregrip/bipod. Got the Ruger stuff and Archangel kit from Viper98, thanks!

Haven't shot it yet, hopefully will have time to goto ENSF Wednesday early afternoon.
 #68547  by cj45lc

That looks pretty damn good, how much $$ you got in it ?
 #68551  by whatevah

not that much... around $400 as pictured. Got nice pricing on the Ruger and Archangel kit from Viper98. :) I'm not sure that I'd do it again, though... the finish on the Ruger is destroyed around the action, the tolerance on the Archangel kit is soooo tight, it just scrapes off the blueing. I had to sand the interior of the stock just to get it on. Probably go with the S&W MP15-22 or even pay the extra to build a real AR-15 in .22 if I did it again (but you know the slippery slope that'll be... hehe). Doing a full cleaning will be a pain with getting it back together again. But, for a cheap "tacticool" AR, I think this will be fun.

Just set up a thing to go shooting with my uncle at a tree farm on Wednesday, so I'll post back with how it performed.
 #68557  by bluedog46

Very nice.

Should have done a before and pimped out picture though. It looks sweet and you saved a hell of a lot compared to say an M&P15-22.

Tricking the ruger 22 out seems the way to go.
 #68633  by bluedog46

bmel17 wrote:not all that much was saved.....

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... e%20Stock/
Dang I thought it would be more of a savings, but the ruger looks way cooler with the bayonet and stuff.
 #68641  by cj45lc

Still looks good to me

BTW I saw a S&W 15-22 at the Wal-Mart in Camden the other day for $427
I was surprised to see they had 5 or 6 AR's there also, I didn't look to see what brand they were
 #68645  by whatevah

Plus for the $450 you'd pay for the S&W (credit card fee plus transfer), you'd have my grip, sight and a Ruger extended mag. With the pricing I found on Ebay and from Viper98, my entire package with 3 mags cost me around $450-460.