Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #70429  by iamdude

dave_in_delaware wrote:I have some correction targets you can download and print to take to the range. Just be sure you d/l the correct hand one (right or left). This will tell you what you might be doing wrong, based on where the hole is.

My Targets Page
Excellent. Thanks Dave, I will try these out next time I'm at the range, and let you know my findings. Going off of the first couple trips, I will probably end up in the "Jerking or Slapping Trigger / Breaking Wrist Down, Pushing Forward, or Drooping Head" range. I printed Target 01, and Target 02, I will shoot 15 rounds at each target, first at 7yds, then at 10yds, and report back.
 #70464  by bluedog46

I would say buy the cheapest ammo you can ( brass cased) for target practice. Most of us carry hollow points for every day carry.

I would advise a mag of carry ammo every couple months or at least twice a year just to insure that you handle it right. I have seen a couple people get unexpected kicks when they shoot their HP ammo. I think they were using plus P though.