Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #72055  by Mr.Skellington

I've been using Speer Gold Dots, JHP 115gr +P for a long time now. I'm not a happy camper with their prices constantly climbing though.
 #72058  by jslacker

Lascivious1 wrote:
jslacker wrote:I second the Hornady stuff.

Las, you carry FMJ out and about?!

how did you know?
I figured it out by the price you quoted previously and when you said I carry what I practice with.
 #72060  by bluedog46

Lascivious1 wrote:

no not normally unless i run out of HP. i only sit on my hp for maybe a few months then i run it at the range. once i didnt have any. i had to carry fmj for a couple days till i was able to hit the store for more.
that was actualy this past month. when i went to walmart and dicks both were sold out on 9mmhp and reg stuff.
i actually had to go online and order.
how did you know?
You practice with hollow points?
 #72061  by jslacker

I will run a box or two of hollow points through my carry weapon anytime I try a new brand.(Gotta make sure your gun likes it!) Other than that I will practice with FMJ, it's too expensive to practice with JHP's all of the time.
 #72062  by Lascivious1

bluedog46 wrote:
Lascivious1 wrote:

no not normally unless i run out of HP. i only sit on my hp for maybe a few months then i run it at the range. once i didnt have any. i had to carry fmj for a couple days till i was able to hit the store for more.
that was actualy this past month. when i went to walmart and dicks both were sold out on 9mmhp and reg stuff.
i actually had to go online and order.
how did you know?
You practice with hollow points?
no lol

but when it sits so long and it loses its shine :) i take it out to the range and shoot it.
I know ammo has a longer shelf life then a few months. but, its a head thing for me. i like my ammo shiny :D
 #72074  by David

bluedog46 wrote:You practice with hollow points?
I always run the the clip of HP's in my carry gun, as well as the spare mag, every time I hit the range. I think its important to get some practice with the carry ammo.