Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #72211  by Mr.Skellington

rosco87 wrote:Not exactly true......I went down south and we sit down and shoot target with a single shot bolt action! Not to mention keep it clean and in good use they could teach their children with it....I mean how cool would it be if my dad was teaching me how to shoot with the gun he learned to shoot with! A few years ago my dad gave me a marlin .22 that his dad bought him! He didn't learn to shoot with that one but the thing still is clean (new composite stock) and shoots true!! I'll never get rid of that gun and hope one day to pass it in to my kid!!
Teaching a new generation on the same rifle as previous ones is a fantastic image. I very much like the idea of taking future grandchildren out to shoot with the same rifle as the one my daughter will learn with.
 #72216  by radnor

Sodbuster wrote:All .22's are single shot.....if you only load one round at a time.

The only problem I see with the small single shot bolt guns, is that as the child gains in experience they will lose interest in the single shot rifle and want something more "grown up".
I have a Savage FVT Mark II (5 round mag) and the kid in me STILL loads one round at a time. Want to get the conversion block to MAKE it a single shot.
 #72243  by myopicvisionary

I have the Savage Mk1-FVT single shot. With CB caps, it is my 10 meter parlor rifle that I use in the garage!
 #72245  by dave_in_delaware

I have a Savage Mark II-F .22lr bolt-action. 10-round mags. Love that rifle, and the Accu-Trigger. If you'd like to check it out, let me know.

I'm kind of partial to the Savage line, but I haven't looked at what they have as far as youth rifles.