Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #72088  by bluedog46

I was wondering. I understand that street sweeper is considered an "assault rifle".

I was wondering what is the difference between it and say a saiga with one of those 20 round drums. I have an old bolt action shotgun, but have thought about adding a pump or semi-auto shotgun after I get my next ar-15 depending on how money goes.

Thanks.
 #72091  by bmel17

It is actually a destructive device because it serves no sporting purpose. It's drum makes it so you can't use it for hunting and no stock so its not useful for skeet... Saiga 12 on the other hand is a semi auto that can have magazine with low round counts as to be used for sporting purposes. That is why it is imported into the country with typical shotgun stock or "sporterized"
 #72092  by bluedog46

Ok so that thing that makes it bad is "no sporting purpose"? Does home defense count at all or does it base sporting because I wonder if the same could be made of ar-15? I guess you could hunt with it though?

Street sweaper sounds really cool though but does not look comfortable to shoot. I was looking into a shotgun that goes on my ar15, but was told I would be dealing with an SBR and that they are expensive.
 #72095  by Guard_Duck

People hunt with AR's all the time, so they definitely have a sporting purpose.
 #72099  by jslacker

bluedog46 wrote:Street sweaper sounds really cool though but does not look comfortable to shoot. I was looking into a shotgun that goes on my ar15, but was told I would be dealing with an SBR and that they are expensive.
You could always just get a Super Shorty by Sebru Firearms. It is considered an AOW if I'm not mistaken...

#72101  by bluedog46

jslacker wrote:
bluedog46 wrote:Street sweaper sounds really cool though but does not look comfortable to shoot. I was looking into a shotgun that goes on my ar15, but was told I would be dealing with an SBR and that they are expensive.
You could always just get a Super Shorty by Sebru Firearms. It is considered an AOW if I'm not mistaken...

Now that looks cool too.