Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #81962  by Sinistervato

Has anyone had any issues with their ruger p-95? What brand of ammo has everyone used with their p-95
 #81970  by cj45lc

The only issue we ever had with the P95 was my wife "limp wristing" it, make sure you have a good grip to let the action do it's thing

As far as ammo it shoots anything we put in it, Tula, Rem, Win, Sellier & Belloit
 #81971  by Sinistervato

yea i put 700+ rounds through it using remington umc not a single issue. one day i was at the range and it started to not chamber or eject so i took it home gave it another cleaning. it's been sent out to ruger once and it's still doing it now i'm about to send it out again. I was just wondering if anyone else was or had any problems
 #81980  by astro_wanabe

Mine was "new unfired" when I got it. It had bad problems with short-cycling leading to failures to eject and load. After a very thourough cleaning to get the factory gunk out and changing my grip it's been mostly trouble-free. It is VERY sensitive to limp wristing however; in fact, just wearing thick winter gloves is enough to cause the short-cycling. It's probably partially due to my relatively week grip, imperfect stance, and the fact that the grip is really too fat for my hands but I'd prefer a pistol that was more reliable in operation. If the prices ever come back to "normal" (not holding my breath) then I'll swap to something else. Doesn't mean that the P95 design is bad, it just seems like it was made for larger & stronger guys.