Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #82160  by rob77t

What do you guys think about walthers. I love my walthers. I own a ppq, p22, and a pps. All three are great guns. The ppq is an amazing pistol. It beats out glock all day long. If you don't have one, buy one.
 #82164  by MrCoolDale

I'll take my PPQ over a glock any day of the week. I'm actually in process of taking pictures, writing, and editing a full review and comparison of the Walther PPQ.

I do enjoy my P22 for some very light shooting and critter control. I'd like to get my hands on a P99 and possibly a PPX as well. It'd be nice to complete the line.

My only gripe about my PPQ is the magazine release. I, unfortunately, purchased mine a little too late in the game and have a PPQ M2. This model has the standard 1911 style push-button magazine release. I much prefer the European style on the trigger guard, just like my P22 and my H&K P30.

What are your thoughts on the P99? I know the trigger isn't nearly as nice and the ergonomics are a little different, but I'm told that they have a nice "natural point" to them. I've seen them for sale pretty cheap and I thought it'd be a nice addition if the price is right.
 #82165  by rob77t

Are you the one that just picked up a ppq? The p99 is also a great gun. I have shot one many times and do feel "natural". I think used ones are about 400. I had a chance to handle a ppx a few weeks ago. They feel nice and have a great trigger. (unexposed hammer) The bad is they are UGLY. But who really cares about that.
 #82166  by littlephilly

My first semi automatic was a p22. I really like it, but shoot my Beretta Neos more often now. I do not really have much experience with their larger caliber guns.
 #82174  by whatevah

my mom has a PK380 and I have a PPS (new acquisition) and they're both pretty nice. I'm not a fan of the PK380, the interior of the slide is annoying to clean and the recoil spring isn't a captured type, that and spare magazines are in the $60-70 range! But, being a compact .380 it shoots nicely, no recoil to speak of makes it easy to empty the 8 round magazines.

Now I want to find a PPK :) I've thought about getting a P22 for a plinker if I ever join a private club.
 #82179  by Lascivious1

Unfortunatly, Theres not enough space on the internet for me to write about how much i love my PPQ :lol:

But i agree Glock has nothing over Walther PPQ! The damn gun is just to perfect and people and Glock owners will never know till they put one in their hands and shoot the hell out of it :pbjtime:
 #82994  by Jonnybow

I absolutely love my PPQ, I have a .40 and have shot the snot out of it. I also have a PK380 which is a decent weapon for what it is. My daughter shoots the PK really well without the worry of too much kick. I'm not a fan of a physical safety lever since owning integral safety pistols, they just bother me!
Overall, I have not one complaint with my PPQ.