Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #83965  by Iggyjoe1361

Hey guys just wondering if any of you have fired the American Eagle pistol ammo. I picked up some off gunbroker.com in .40S&W 165gr FMJ... just curious on your thoughts! thanks!
 #83966  by Lfod/Dtom

I've fired about 600 rounds of American Eagle in .40 and .45 without any FTF's or FTE's. Fairly clean also,at least compared to WWB!
 #83993  by Iggyjoe1361

Thanks guys! Got 350rds of it so im glad its a good round.
 #84073  by gheart

i shot 180gr remington ammo last week with my .40 handgun.... this week i picked up some american eagle 180gr.. it could just be me, but i felt that the american eagle rounds shot with more power. anyone else have an opinion about that? anyway, they were great rounds..no problems at all except that i ran out of them!! they're also pretty clean, as i didn't have to use as many cleaning pads as i had to last week with the remington rounds
 #84075  by whatevah

gheart wrote:i shot 180gr remington ammo last week with my .40 handgun.... this week i picked up some american eagle 180gr.. it could just be me, but i felt that the american eagle rounds shot with more power. anyone else have an opinion about that? anyway, they were great rounds..no problems at all except that i ran out of them!! they're also pretty clean, as i didn't have to use as many cleaning pads as i had to last week with the remington rounds
Assuming that you were using Remington UMC, it's just cheap ammo. I usually don't use it, but got some because it was available... Shot some last week, and... WEAK! Noticeably less power than other target-quality rounds, and didn't lock the slide back on my PX4. Only had that happen once before, using Tula (worst .40 ammo I've ever shot).

I've never used AE pistol ammo, but their 5.56 ammo shoots fine for me.