Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #85175  by gheart

Every time I've gone out to buy ammo, I've been able to get either Remington or American Eagle 180gr FMJ in .40S&W..

Today, however, all I could find was Fiocchi 170gr FMJ..

And for the first time my gun jammed on me...several times. I clean it thoroughly after every time I fire it, so don't see that as being the culprit. But the ammo would not cycle correctly. I'd fire a round, then the next one would like, make it halfway in to the chamber and just lock up.

Could anyone offer any tips, opinions, advice, etc on why this would occur? I've yet to have any problems thus far after about 600-700 rounds until today.
 #85176  by viper98

Bring it over the next time you come and the ammo..I'll take a look at it for you...
 #85177  by myopicvisionary

Over the years I have found that Fiocchi can be touchy in some guns.
Last edited by myopicvisionary on Tue May 28, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #85181  by gheart

myopicvisionary wrote:Over the years I have that Fiocchi can be touchy in some guns.

I hope its just the ammo. Like I said, I've not had this problem before..I also took the gun apart to clean it again, and to make sure it wasn't too dry.. but still having the same problem. It doesn't matter which magazine I use, as I've tried with all of them and still achieved the same result..In the pics below, the decocker is engaged, but it was still doing it when it was flipped up too.

I can load a mag, rack the slide to load one in the chamber... Usually that works.
But when fired, the 2nd round doesn't feed properly.

Or without firing, and just pulling the slide back, the chamber clears itself of the 1st round, but still..the 2nd round doesn't feed correctly in to the chamber, as you can see with these 2 pics.

#86228  by Iggyjoe1361

When my FNS-40 was new the first time i fired it was with fiocchi 180gn .40. I had one jam after 50 rds. Didnt happen again. I fired 150 rds of fiocchi. I have fired fiocchi, remington and american eagle. The only time i ever had a jam was with the fiocchi. But as I learned with my FN they will pretty much shoot whatever is put through it.