Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #86887  by viper98

Fishhunter911 wrote:Thanks Chris. I spent a loooooong time today researching RIA 1911 and I found a ton of good reviews and owner who love them. Some had problems but RIA took care of them very quickly with no issues.

The issue that most talk about are the sights. The GI model seems easier to replace then the Tactical. The GI uses a series 70 rear and a post front sight. The Tactical has Novak sights but the dovetail is slightly smaller and harder to find direct replacements.

I like the Tactical because of the skeletonized hammer and trigger.

Uuuugghh. Decisions!!!

You know what i do when i can't make up my mind....I get them both. :lol: ..just joking.
 #86891  by DragonJames

Fishhunter911 wrote: I like the Tactical because of the skeletonized hammer and trigger.
Hammers and triggers arnt too terribly hard to swap if there's bits and pieces you like cosmetically from one to the next. Unless RIAs have something different about them as far as working components, 1911's are fairly simple to fully disassemble as long as you pay attention to not only how the parts come out but how they work with eachother. Simple screwdriver set, allen key (for grip screws) and a small guns smith punch set will give you all you need to take it down :)

good luck with whichever you get
 #86893  by cslade454

Armscor have been making guns for a long time. They are not a US importer like Glock. They contract with importers to bring in there guns. When the contract expires with an importer, they no longer offer customer support. Armscor has had many importer over the years. The last importer sold off its inventor to Sarco when it contract expired and no longer offers any customer service. If you bought a RIA a few years back you can no longer get any customer support. The importer no longer exists. The current importers with inevitable do the same when there contract expires. Warranties with importers that are no longer in business are worthless.

This is not just a problem Armscor. Companies like Accuracy international, Weatherby and Steyr have also had several importer that have gone out of business.
 #87211  by Fishhunter911

Thank you!! I saw the exact same RIA down here in North Carolina, I must say, you price was MUCH lower!!! I laughed all the way out the door!