Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.

Which new pistol?

Sig Sauer SP2022
67%
Smith & Wesson M&P9
33%
Springfield XD
No votes
0%
 #86885  by Taurus247

Im looking to get a new carry pistol. Im looking at a Sig Sauer SP2022 in 9mm or the Smith & Wesson M&P9. Anyone own and/or carry either one? Iv read a lot of reviews and watched a lot of videos and both seem great just cant make the decision. Ill also post a poll just for fun lol
Last edited by Taurus247 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
 #86897  by Owen

I've owned and shot both and both are nice pistols. I like the combined slide release/take down lever of the SP2022. The M&P9 is a little more complicated with it's take down but it comes with a tool that fits in the grip. Both had comfortable grips for my small hands. The SP2022 is taller and to me felt high compared to my Glock. My wife liked the SP2022 my daughter likes the M&P9. The M&P9' has a two round advantage over the SP2022 (17 vs 15).
 #86903  by Owen

I forgot to mention that the SP2022 has a "regular" trigger not unlike a P226 but the M&P9 has a trigger similar to my "rubber band gun" glock. The SP2022 can be cocked for a much lighter ~2lb trigger pull but uncocked it is like 12 lbs. The M&P9 felt about the same as my glock ~5lb range I think. SP2022 holster works with a P226.

Ask Viper98 he may still have a lightly used SP2022 with extra mags. ;)
 #86949  by Taurus247

Thank you everyone for your inputs and votes. Im gonna hold both when I can get to the store and see what "feels" right. But im also trying to convince my dad to buy the sig so i can still have both. lol
 #87450  by Taurus247

Thank you all for your comments and votes. I thought I had my mind made up on the S&W M&P9 however after a visit to vipers earlier this week and holding both the M&P and the Sig i was drawn more toward the Sig. Plus when he told me how expensive the extra mags are for the M&P i really started to second guess my decision. Then he tells me he has a used XD for sale! Now i really dont know. I have owned an XD before but sold it before I was able to fire it so I could get a better CC gun. Now that I am OCing I am looking for something full size. So with this new choice added into the mix im opening it up again for yalls input. Also it has been added to the votes. Thanks again for all of your inputs it really dose help.
 #87457  by sanman9781

have you personally shot any/all of them?
 #87458  by Taurus247

sanman9781 wrote:have you personally shot any/all of them?
No not yet thats why im looking for more input from some people who have.