Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #87650  by cslade454

The safest place to keep your gun is on your hip! I always reply to the person that tells me that they have a loaded gun in every room with the loaded gun on my hip bests all of yours and no one can moved it without me knowing.
 #87656  by Kuntryboy816

Couldn't get the video to play on my iPhone
cslade454 wrote:The safest place to keep your gun is on your hip! I always reply to the person that tells me that they have a loaded gun in every room with the loaded gun on my hip bests all of yours and no one can moved it without me knowing.
:applause: Well said!
 #93759  by Owen

craigwill wrote:http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=80f_1290345503

It shoul teach all of us who have kids a lesson. And that would be? Lock them the f up.
I disagree. That was just a parenting fail. The kid obviously had no respect for a firearm.

Locking them up does nothing to address the issue. Children need to see firearms as the tool that they are with both safe and dangerous uses. This is no different than teaching your child not to run with scissors, electrical safety, safe use of ladders, safe use of the stove, and the list goes on and on. Simply hiding something does not remove the danger, in fact it can make it more attractive and exciting to investigate the hidden. Better to take charge and address the danger head on. We cannot lock up all the dangers in the world. We can only prepare our children to deal with them.
 #93764  by viper98

Owen wrote:

It shoul teach all of us who have kids a lesson. And that would be? Lock them the f up.
I disagree. That was just a parenting fail. The kid obviously had no respect for a firearm.

Locking them up does nothing to address the issue. Children need to see firearms as the tool that they are with both safe and dangerous uses. This is no different than teaching your child not to run with scissors, electrical safety, safe use of ladders, safe use of the stove, and the list goes on and on. Simply hiding something does not remove the danger, in fact it can make it more attractive and exciting to investigate the hidden. Better to take charge and address the danger head on. We cannot lock up all the dangers in the world. We can only prepare our children to deal with them.

well said :applause:
 #93769  by Kuntryboy816

viper98 wrote:
Owen wrote:

well said :applause:
x2 :applause: