Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #87843  by TexasJay

If you can find the unicorn that goes by the name "keltec sub2000" that'd be a good catch. Hi points are ugly but usually extremely reliable and inexpensive. If you have the change, put out a couple hundred extra and get the Beretta cx4 carbine in 9mm. Extremely accurate, reliable, lightweight and maneuverable. They take Beretta 92 mags.
 #87845  by Mr.Skellington

I bought a hi-point carbine when they were about two bills and wish I would have picked up several more. It eats any junk ammo that other guns wont and aims true. The downside is the low mag capacity of only ten rounds.

Its a nice plinker/trunk gun that I'd recommend for the money.
 #87850  by Guard_Duck

Mr.Skellington wrote:I bought a hi-point carbine when they were about two bills and wish I would have picked up several more. It eats any junk ammo that other guns wont and aims true. The downside is the low mag capacity of only ten rounds.

Its a nice plinker/trunk gun that I'd recommend for the money.

X2, I picked one up around the same time, paid a little over 2 hundred. No downside that I've encountered, other than mag cap, but they say there are higher cap mags.
 #87871  by Mr.Skellington

sethinde wrote:I just looked at a Kel-Tec Sub2000 in 9mm at X-Ring. Think it was $550 and took Glock 17 mags. It was nice, but I think I may go for a Hi-Point.
Do you carry a Glock? If you do the magazine compatibility may be worth the extra cost.