Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #88408  by sethinde

Well, I have decided on the Hi-Point 995ts. Chris has one for me and I cant wait to pick it up. I would have had it by now, but I forgot to renew my DE Drivers license on my 40th Bday. :banghead:

I did save up enough money to buy a JR Carbine, but I have decided to give the Hi-Point a try, and use a little extra money for a few mags and a mag holder. Now I just have to decide if I want a red Dot or Laser :?:

Any Suggestions. Remember, this will be for action pistol carbine nights/Mid range target shooting.
 #88410  by Owen

sethinde wrote:Well, I have decided on the Hi-Point 995ts. Chris has one for me and I cant wait to pick it up. I would have had it by now, but I forgot to renew my DE Drivers license on my 40th Bday. :banghead:

I did save up enough money to buy a JR Carbine, but I have decided to give the Hi-Point a try, and use a little extra money for a few mags and a mag holder. Now I just have to decide if I want a red Dot or Laser :?:

Any Suggestions. Remember, this will be for action pistol carbine nights/Mid range target shooting.
Viper had a nice multi reticle holo type dot that I put on mine. I think it was made by browning. It works nice with glasses.
 #88468  by sethinde

So, I finally got my 995ts today. :D Thanks again Viper98. I ran a 10 rnd mag of snap caps through it about 10 times until it stopped jamming, also the trigger seems better already. Tomorrow I will clean and lube it really well and then take it out for the first time maybe Friday night or Saturday.

Owen, I picked up that reflex sight that you referenced in your post, it is pretty nice. Maybe ill sight it in at the next meeting at Delmardaves. :pbjtime:

I guess I can understand why people knock them, its not as slick looking as the AR's are. Ill keep everyone posted on how it performs. I think either way, I will have fun with it, plus it keeps me in on carbine nights at action pistol.
 #88580  by sethinde

So I went to ommelanden today and got 100 rounds of Reminton though the Hi point 995TS. No Failure to Feed/Fire or Issues whatsoever. At 10 yards it was spot on with accuracy, but as I Pushed the target to about 20/25 yards it was high and left of the bullseye. Though I was able to use a bit o' Kentucky windage to get close. At about 50 yards, I was Waaaayy High and too the left. I was using 6" shoot n see's for the target. All in all groups were consistent and pretty tight. I am sure I can zero it in a lot better given some more range time. Will have to get back to the range before Wednesday Night's Action Pistol ( this Wednesday is a mixed Handgun/Carbine night)
 #88629  by sethinde

Another 150 rounds of flawless fun through the Hi point tonight. I was trying to get it sighted in and that's when I realized I don't really like the sights that much. I will have to try to get the reticle sight that I Purchased on.