Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #89859  by brich2929

This is a General Interest posting to gauge if there may be enough interest to host a local (Linwood, PA) Armorer's course for AR style firearms.

Here's a brief course outline from ArmaLite:

This two-day course focuses on operation and maintenance of M-15 and AR-10 ArmaLite firearms. (The course is applicable to all AR-style firearms regardless of manufacturer.) Particular attention will be paid to the firearm's cycle of operation as well as all maintenance echelons of disassembly, reassembly and troubleshooting.This two-day course focuses on operation and maintenance of M-15 and AR-10 ArmaLite firearms. (The course is applicable to all AR-style firearms regardless of manufacturer.) Particular attention will be paid to the firearm's cycle of operation as well as all maintenance echelons of disassembly, reassembly and troubleshooting.

The course format is a combination of lecture, discussion, and hands-on work with AR-style firearms. A written examination will be conducted at the end of the course. Successful graduates will be certified as ArmaLite qualified armorers.

Course cost (paid to ArmaLite) would be in the $300 range, perhaps a bit more to cover the cost of the facility, although I will keep that facility fee as low as possible.

The course would be open to as many as 25 people, and If there were significant interest, I could hold a second set of courses at a later date.

If there is interest, please replay here with "I'm Interested" and I will PM you as the status progresses. I would likely be looking at an October timeframe, perhaps even early November, to start on a Saturday and finishing on Sunday.
 #89879  by Taurus247

I am interested however distance is a big thing. My family owns our own business in Sussex county which makes it hard to get far up north at early times. If there is enough interest would you be willing to do one in maybe Kent county. I could even get to lower New Castle county depends on the time.
 #89960  by brich2929

Taurus247 wrote:I am interested however distance is a big thing. My family owns our own business in Sussex county which makes it hard to get far up north at early times. If there is enough interest would you be willing to do one in maybe Kent county. I could even get to lower New Castle county depends on the time.

Actually, anyone could hold one provided you get a minimum number of people to attend. I can't do one down there because I don't have a venue--up here I have a place in mind that would likely let me do it free or cheap and its local to me and right on the DE/PA state line just off I95.

Looks like no takers, huh?