Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #95471  by c5crewchief2003

I was wondering if any of you all had any comments on Taurus handguns. I just today ordered one for my fiancee. I have heard a lot of good about them online but was just wondering if any of my fellow OC'ers have any reviews. Thanks guys :D
 #95475  by TexasJay

I have one, my mother has one, my sister has one and my dad has one. That tell you anything? Lol they're pretty decently priced and very concealable. The only problem is sometimes they don't want to feed a specific brand. Polish the feed ramp out of the box will clear that problem up.
 #95478  by c5crewchief2003

Thanks for the awesome tip Jay. I will be sure to do that when we get it. We looked around and a lot of those guns seemed too "plasticy", but not this one.
 #95493  by TexasJay

Also, have your girl work the slide at least 100-200 times. These little suckers are kinda tight out of the box. Plus if she's on the smaller side, it will help her get accustomed to racking it and get her a little workout. That was a big complaint I got from my mom and sister about theirs.
 #95507  by Kuntryboy816

TexasJay wrote:Also, have your girl work the slide at least 100-200 times. These little suckers are kinda tight out of the box. Plus if she's on the smaller side, it will help her get accustomed to racking it and get her a little workout. That was a big complaint I got from my mom and sister about theirs.
....uh, ......but well....... <excluding inappropriate comments>... nevermind.... :troll:

Congrats on the purchase Chief! Keep us updated on how y'all like it. This is one of the possibilities my wife is looking at.
 #95508  by c5crewchief2003

Thanks guys. I will keep the post going once we actually get it and take it to the range. When she first told me she wanted a gun I was a lil surprised, but then she told me she didnt want flowers or candy or any "girly junk." So I was VERY happy to oblige ;)
 #95509  by TexasJay

Kuntryboy816 wrote:
TexasJay wrote:Also, have your girl work the slide at least 100-200 times. These little suckers are kinda tight out of the box. Plus if she's on the smaller side, it will help her get accustomed to racking it and get her a little workout. That was a big complaint I got from my mom and sister about theirs.
....uh, ......but well....... <excluding inappropriate comments>... nevermind.... :troll:

Congrats on the purchase Chief! Keep us updated on how y'all like it. This is one of the possibilities my wife is looking at.
^^^SMH...I walked into that one.
 #95621  by SCUBA9097

TexasJay wrote: SMH...I walked into that one.
Just make sure to clean up or you'll track it all over the floor.