Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #96946  by DieselTech

7.62x39 7.5" VC Defense upper, fail zero NiB bcg, finished on an 80% lower trimmed in Magpul, Ergo, and a SigTac brace that shoulders very nice!
 #96950  by pick_six

Dt,

Very nice! And my understanding is that being a pistol in its first incarnation, you can switch to/from rifle at will! Awesome!
DieselTech wrote:Image

7.62x39 7.5" VC Defense upper, fail zero NiB bcg, finished on an 80% lower trimmed in Magpul, Ergo, and a SigTac brace that shoulders very nice!
 #96957  by Chizult

pick_six wrote:Dt,

Very nice! And my understanding is that being a pistol in its first incarnation, you can switch to/from rifle at will! Awesome!
DieselTech wrote:
Unless I have seriously misinterpreted what you're saying, your statement is absolutely incorrect. Once a lower has been built into a rifle it will always be considered a rifle. And if the OP were to add a stock or VFG to this current pistol he obviously would be committing a federal crime.

How's it shoot Diesel? I've never seen 7.62 out of a 7" barrel. I bet it spits fire like a dragon. Did you finish the lower yourself?
 #96960  by cj45lc

Looks good
 #96965  by pick_six

it looks to me that is PISTOL, in current configuration, and first configuration. currently with a brace, not a stock.

as such, and i may be mistaken, when you make an 80%, IF you finish as a pistol first, you can go back/forth as desired. if this is not correct, i'd be interested in the reg. but once a rifle, always a rifle.
Chizult wrote:
pick_six wrote:Dt,

DieselTech wrote:
Unless I have seriously misinterpreted what you're saying, your statement is absolutely incorrect. Once a lower has been built into a rifle it will always be considered a rifle. And if the OP were to add a stock or VFG to this current pistol he obviously would be committing a federal crime.

How's it shoot Diesel? I've never seen 7.62 out of a 7" barrel. I bet it spits fire like a dragon. Did you finish the lower yourself?
 #96967  by DieselTech

It shoots awesome I test fired it 2 weeks ago on another lower. Big muzzle flash. I'll be sure and bring it to a Deloc shoot event this summer. Yeah finished it myself on a CNC and had it ceracoated. I'm really happy with how it turned out.
 #96970  by Kuntryboy816

Shouldn't the title of this thread read "Finished my new AP" ???? :troll:
 #96972  by Chizult

DieselTech wrote:It shoots awesome I test fired it 2 weeks ago on another lower. Big muzzle flash. I'll be sure and bring it to a Deloc shoot event this summer. Yeah finished it myself on a CNC and had it ceracoated. I'm really happy with how it turned out.
Count me as doubly impressed. I didn't know anyone in the state had the know-how or tools for such a job. You've outed yourself now...prepare for all kinds of questions via pm in the future. :)
 #96974  by Strelok

I'm deciding what to build with one of my stripped lowers. 7.62x39 pistol is one of the choices. I heard they are loud, especially with short barrel. I would love to see it in action and hear it before I made my decision. Any chance joining you on a trip to a range? Which bolt did you use in it? Enhanced pin?