Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #538  by Giustiniani

Hey guys,

nice to be back, I promised Wynder that I would be around more. But right now I need some advice.

I am looking at the .45 ammo on Cabela's. The price is decent enough and I want to buy in bulk since I am going to be shooting more. But there is a little warning label at the bottom that says 'Warning, DE ...some other states... check your local laws... something about restrictions.'

Any idea what this is? I'm not sure of the 'ammo purchase laws' in DE so any information would be awesome.

I was looking at the Shooting>Ammo>Handgun>Bulk .45 Ammo

Thanks!

Gwee
 #541  by Giustiniani

Okay, I found this...

Probably should have looked around and then stated my question differently... :poed:

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2007/rpt/2007-R-0217.htm

STATE PROHIBITIONS
Delaware
Delaware law prohibits anyone convicted of the illegal sale or possession of a narcotic from purchasing, possessing or controlling ammunition (Del. Code. Ann. § 1448(a)(3)).
It also prohibits the following individuals from purchasing, possessing, or controlling ammunition:

1. anyone ever convicted of a violent felony,
2. anyone ever committed to a mental institution (unless the person obtains a medical certificate stating that they no longer suffer from mental disorder),
3. anyone under age 25 who has been adjudicated as a juvenile delinquent,
4. anyone who is the subject to a Family Court protection from abuse order,
5. anyone who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, and
6. anyone under criminal indictment (Del. Code. Ann. § 1448(a)(3)).

Is there anything else in addition to stated above?
Thanks again,

Gwee
 #551  by Wynder

Not that I know of no...

If you're legally able to own a handgun then you're legally able to purchase ammunition.
 #1035  by dave_in_delaware

As far as I know, there's nothing that prohibits having ammo shipped to a business or residence in Delaware. As long as YOU can possess a firearm and ammo (i.e. you're not on probation or a felon), you can buy it online and have it shipped right to your door.
 #1037  by stephpd

Haven't bought ammo from Cabela's but have from other mail order sites. No problem with anything being delivered to my house. Delaware doesn't have any restrictions on mags or other such nonsense.

If I get around to getting my C&R license I'll be able to get old guns delivered to my door too. :D

I think.
 #1055  by myopicvisionary

A good friend of mine has his C&R. He said it was really no problem getting it. His collection of vintage goodies is growing. I convinced him to get a Swiss K31. He's hooked!
 #1092  by bms429

I have had good luck buying ammo from online sites. Its good for getting bulk or high quality ammo without paying a ton at the local store. I have gotten the same stuff online for about half the prices of local shop around here.

No issues on delivery, etc.
 #1096  by Sprat

you pay to much buying from cabela's. I will give out copies of shotgun news on request at the next meeting plenty of places to buy ammo at a good price it is always best to compare prices from many than from one source

Gwee I awaiting the house closing before I join the club so please hang in there

sprat