Login    

Register FAQ  •  Search    

· Home ·   Forums ·  Who Are We? ·  What is Open Carry? ·  CCDW Process ·  FAQ ·  Contact ·  Terms ·

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Getting Children into Fire Arms...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:02 am 

Lfod/Dtom wrote:
Owen wrote:
I started my oldest at 6yrs old shooting 22s at silhouette at DSPC on Fridays. They also have a Sat. morning youth rifle program that includes rifles and ammo, just add new shooter. I know I hawk DSPC a lot but it's the truth. :D

I wish we had something like that downstate. I am also looking to get mine started, a 9 and 8 y/o
have been looking at single shot bolt action .22's but wonder if I got a .22 conversion kit for one of my AR's might work too. Anybody tried one?

I got my daughters a .22 Cricket from Cabela's for $125 I believe. It is a single shot bolt action, They have pink for girls and black for boys. It say my first rile on it. They are very light weight and my 5 &6 year olds love it. The 6 year old don't like the noisy rang but she loves to shot.

I started my daughters off with airsoft pistols, then went to bb pistols before getting them there first .22.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:54 pm 

willyb1972020 wrote:
I got my daughters a .22 Cricket from Cabela's for $125 I believe. It is a single shot bolt action, They have pink for girls and black for boys. It say my first rile on it. They are very light weight and my 5 &6 year olds love it. The 6 year old don't like the noisy rang but she loves to shot.

I started my daughters off with airsoft pistols, then went to bb pistols before getting them there first .22.

Nice! :applause:

"... I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind... Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." - 1785 August 19. (Jefferson to Peter Carr).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:20 pm 

Good idea Willy...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:53 pm 

Owen wrote:
I started my oldest at 6yrs old shooting 22s at silhouette at DSPC on Fridays. They also have a Sat. morning youth rifle program that includes rifles and ammo, just add new shooter. I know I hawk DSPC a lot but it's the truth. :D

+1 on DSPC's youth rifle program. Good people.