Login    

Register FAQ  •  Search    

· Home ·   Forums ·  Who Are We? ·  What is Open Carry? ·  CCDW Process ·  FAQ ·  Contact ·  Terms ·

Fundraiser to Support Delaware Open Carry!

We've come to that time of the year when our server lease and domain name registrations are coming up for renewal. In the past, many of you have expressed your generosity in the form of donations in order to keep the site running - I'm asking for your support again this year.

Please visit our donation information page for more details and, if you enjoy this site, if you've ever attended our gatherings or, if this community has brought you some knowledge or entertainment, please give what you can to keep us going.

→ Donation Information Page ←

It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Range Bags...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:09 am 

Looking for a decent range bag. Just wondering what folks are using? Anyone care to post up a picture of what they have?

Looking to carry a couple .40's, 9 mm, and three revolvers plus ammo...

Post subject: Range Bags...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:34 am 

Father's Day gift three years ago. I really like this bag. I have used it in several different configurations . As advertised or when at a "home range" where I carried holstered, I took out the foam gun cradle and packed it with 1200 rounds 9mm , 750 of 22lr, & 400 of 223. I carry my G19 and just put my m&p's holstered in the top compartment so they don't bang together. It is pricy but it really handles everything I need to carry. The rolled up target holder is also handy to keep your hands free.

http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/Produc ... A+494&ct=e

Post subject: Re: Range Bags...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:54 pm 
Global Moderator

Wow. That's a serious range bag. I don't shoot anywhere close to that much ammo.

I just use whatever backpack I have available. And I put some stuff into my AR's soft case.

"You have to be prepared to do the violence in order to survive the violence."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:26 pm 

Here's one you can order.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/triple-k-mfg-deluxe-shooting-bag-tan?a=618119

OK,OK,OK. I was just funnin. Thanks for posting the link Lax! Here is one I am now actually considering buying.

http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/ProductDetail.aspx?p=SA%20493

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:12 pm 

That amount of ammo was just for a visual . I only had on box of the 22 lr, 500 9mm, and 150 of 223. [emoji6]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:30 am 

I use a tool bag from Harbor Freight Tools. It has pockets inside and outside, a stiff bottom, and cost $9.99! They have several others in different sizes that would work.

http://www.harborfreight.com/15-in-tool-bag-61469.html

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:20 pm 

We use harbor freight tool bags for ammo and I bought Matt a Really Nice range bag at the NRA headquarters range as an anniversary present when I was down there for a magazine shoot.

DECCDW PALTCF DESO

Tea, glorious tea!
http://blackthornhoodooblends.com/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:38 pm 

The nice added benefit of getting the mrs into shooting is that she had better equipment then me!

Her ladies shooting group had a few door prizes at one meeting. A VERY NICE bag, with sections for several pistols, mag pouches in each pi too section and a nice center for ammo and muffs.

Come in handy for getting everything collected and packs very snugly, as opposed to throwing stuff in a regular old backpack. (Redneck / my style! ;) )

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:59 pm 

pick_six wrote:
The nice added benefit of getting the mrs into shooting is that she had better equipment then me!

Her ladies shooting group had a few door prizes at one meeting. A VERY NICE bag, with sections for several pistols, mag pouches in each pi too section and a nice center for ammo and muffs.

Come in handy for getting everything collected and packs very snugly, as opposed to throwing stuff in a regular old backpack. (Redneck / my style! ;) )

Ladies shooting group? Do tell!

DECCDW PALTCF DESO

Tea, glorious tea!
http://blackthornhoodooblends.com/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:16 pm 

Yes. Last Thursday of the month, there is a ladies group that meets at our local range.

They have a lecture from folks, mostly common sense self defense, armed and not. Situational awafeness those things mostly, and pre shooting classroom discussions. Then have a few hours of live fire. The ladies teamed with a group that provides instruction during live fire range access. They also function as rso's during the time.

Will pm you some details Amy. It's a little bit of a ride from where you are, but may be worth the trip if you're ever in the area.

Amy Blackthorn wrote:
pick_six wrote:

Ladies shooting group? Do tell!