Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #47209  by capnpirate

Has anyone here heard of Miguel Caballero? Apparently, he's a Colombian war profiteer, but since he sells to both sides, he's not getting taken down. Obama apparently wears his suits every public appearance he makes. Miguel also gloats that "every movie star wears my clothing."

Here's the closest US distributor:

http://www.bestbulletproofclothing.com/home_english.htm

They're a company called Ultra Armoring that apparently buy new cars, armor and bullet proof them, and resell them. They're also going to carry the clothing lines designed by Miguel Caballero.

Couple questions:

1) Is there a required permit or anything in order to own bullet proof clothing?

2) Is it legal for any random person to walk in off the street, buy a shirt and pants, and wear them wherever?
 #47216  by Mr.Skellington

I read a bit about bullet resistant vests in the past. Its perfectly legal up to a certain level of protection. I forget the level right now but unless your going to drop a small fortune on plates and stopping rifle rounds you probably don't need to worry about it. Any standard police vest or handgun level protection will be fine.
 #47217  by SCUBA9097

Wear the armor for one week, and it will more than likely get set in the closet and never come out again. It's heavy, bulky and extremely hot. There's a reason all those clothes (which I've never seen the President or and movie stars wearing by the way) look so "puffy". Next time you come over, I'll show you an bullet resistant vest so you can see what I mean.
 #47219  by capnpirate

SCUBA9097 wrote:Next time you come over, I'll show you an bullet resistant vest so you can see what I mean.
Sounds good, man. I'm really pouring into this stuff, in reference to self preservation. I've been thinking about handgun designs, weapon resistant materials (projectiles and bladed and pointed weapons), all sorts of stuff. Me being new to the firearms biz and seeing what I perceive as "problems" that need solving, I may get some new ideas. Who knows?

This Wired magazine article is the one I read the speculated that Obama was wearing clothes made by Caballero. I spoke out of turn when I made my definitive statement that it was, indeed, Caballero's clothing, but it is heavily speculated to be so. I suppose it's easier to hide the panels in a tighter, denser package in a suit because the jackets are typically stiff anyhow... then again, that's pure speculation.
 #47243  by bluedog46

why would obama need bullet proof clothing? After Obamacare and all that he thinks people might be angry.

Reminds me of a queen that said "let them eat cake". Obama would say let them eat government cheese
 #47246  by myopicvisionary

I have a ballistic vest complete with trauma plate. It stays in the bedroom and is only used when investigating the sound from downstairs in the middle of the night.
 #47249  by photog

myopicvisionary wrote:I have a ballistic vest complete with trauma plate. It stays in the bedroom and is only used when investigating the sound from downstairs in the middle of the night.
That's just me stopping by to get a snack John... no worries... :lol: :lol: :lol:
 #47261  by dave_in_delaware

As far as I know, anyone can wear bullet proof clothing and vests if they want. I would recommend it if you live or travel to Killmington. That place is friggin crazy.

Just don't break the law while wearing it, because that'll be another charge they can hit you with (Title 11, Chapter 5, Subchapter VII, § 1449: Wearing body armor during commission of felony; class B felony.)
 #47278  by bluedog46

dave_in_delaware wrote:As far as I know, anyone can wear bullet proof clothing and vests if they want. I would recommend it if you live or travel to Killmington. That place is friggin crazy.

Just don't break the law while wearing it, because that'll be another charge they can hit you with (Title 11, Chapter 5, Subchapter VII, § 1449: Wearing body armor during commission of felony; class B felony.)
isnt law intresting? If you wear body armor during a felony its and extra felony, but if you dont have it on so the cops can easily kill you there is no charge, but you are dead.

Kind of like a charge of escaping from prison. Human nature is that someoen ( even guilty) would not want to be in prison hence the walls, bars, and guards. Seems like people should not escape so an additonal charge for the state not doing their job of keeping them in seems overkill.

I am not saying any of them are wrong just kind of ironic. Criminals belong in prison
 #47317  by Dr. Eastwood

Don't start studying ninjitsu now.

I can only imagine what a wardrobe full of bullet-resistant clothing could cost. I find any law that could prevent you from protecting yourself by using armor absurd.