Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #55124  by tom_20m

I've got a flak jacket that I took home with me from when I played in the "Big Sand Box". Only thing it's good for now is a back stop for my .22 target rifle. Things heavy and hot. I wouldn't want to be wearing it walking down the street.
 #55125  by bluedog46

what would a bullet proof vest in xxl that would stop a .223 or 7.62 run anyway?
 #55181  by Dr. Eastwood

bluedog46 wrote:what would a bullet proof vest in xxl that would stop a .223 or 7.62 run anyway?
Depends on the vest and the trauma plates you buy. Anything that can stop threats greater than handgun rounds are very expensive.
 #55190  by WPCatfish

bluedog46 wrote:what would a bullet proof vest in xxl that would stop a .223 or 7.62 run anyway?

You probably wouldn't be able to run very far or very fast in one.
 #55204  by F16WarBird

That's a really good idea!

I can't believe it never occured to me to do that. :shock:

I always think of civvies trying to wear IBA concealed.

I might consider picking something up to keep next to my Mossy in case of negative close encounters in the night. ;)
 #55206  by myopicvisionary

And the shotgun never leaves the second floor. If I have to go downstairs, I hand it off to Mary while me and Kim(ber) check out the noise. Anyone coming up the stairs other than me is going to hear the 870 being racked!
 #55219  by scampbell3

myopicvisionary wrote:And the shotgun never leaves the second floor. If I have to go downstairs, I hand it off to Mary while me and Kim(ber) check out the noise. Anyone coming up the stairs other than me is going to hear the 870 being racked!