Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #60428  by Lascivious1

Cool i like that guys videos. Also a good marks man. I watched him review the gun i bought and he was making some veryy impressive shots. I knew then it was the gun for me. Even though i know i cant make the shots he did but knowing it couod be done with my gun choice locked me in for the purchase.
Anyway so it seams he uses a all in one solution for cleaning with. I also noticed his glock is really used by how loose the parts are. My gun is very tight. Another reason i cant wat to break it in.
 #60430  by y0rlik

Lascivious1 wrote:So if i were to choose 'weapon shield" i would use it to clean my gun. drip it on parts and scrub or wipe clean then after the cleaning i would put drops of it in locations needed for lubrication?

Does it gunk up or get gluey after time?

I was planning to get Hoppe's solvent and lubrication separately. im just really confused on what is the best way to keep the gun in clean working order.
im new at cleaning handguns. especially where and what to lubricate. tried using 'youtube" for tutorials but they always use a different gun and eople lub where i hear others say not too.
i know one thing its been a month and i need to run a few hundred rounds through it.
As far as I know Weapon Shield doesn't get gooey or gunky (I've only been using it a few months). I have two anecdotes, however, as to its effectiveness as a CLP.

The first incident was when I shot my brand new Colt 6920 some months ago. I took it over to Ted's and we tore it down, cleaned off the factory preservative, and lubed it up with Weapon Shield (this was Tuesday or Wednesday maybe?). Then I took it out to Ommelanden on Saturday where I ran a couple of boxes through it (the AR ran perfectly, BTW). (We also ran into bmel on the way out.) I got home and didn't have time to clean it that day, so I let it sit over the weekend. I got to it Monday evening, and the fouling just wiped right off ... no scrubbing involved. There was even still enough lube that I could have left it as it was (I added some more, but I'm a belt and suspenders kind of guy when it comes to taking care of my stuff.)

The second incident occurred a bit later. Ted let me borrow his S&W 686 for a bit. I took it out to Ommelanden once and shot it. When I got it home, I took some Weapon Shield and used it as a cleaner. If you aren't familiar with revolvers, the cylinder face tends to get very nasty very quickly where the combustion gas escapes out the gap between the forcing cone and the cylinder. With an old toothbrush, a little scrubbing, and Weapon Shield I was able to get off about 95% of the crud. When I returned it to Ted, he was absolutely stunned that the Weapon Shield worked so well as a cleaner. (For the record, he is OCD about his guns, so the cylinder face was absolutely spotless when I got it from him initially.)

One of the mods over on PAFOA (Rocketfoot? I think) sells Weapon Shield for a really good price. That's where I got mine.
 #60442  by Lascivious1

y0rlik wrote: One of the mods over on PAFOA (Rocketfoot? I think) sells Weapon Shield for a really good price. That's where I got mine.
PAFOA?

so i can use WS for cleaning and lubrication? how much? and where is this place to buy it?
 #60443  by astro_wanabe

Lascivious1 wrote:
y0rlik wrote: One of the mods over on PAFOA (Rocketfoot? I think) sells Weapon Shield for a really good price. That's where I got mine.
PAFOA?

so i can use WS for cleaning and lubrication? how much? and where is this place to buy it?
PAFOA=Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association http://www.pafoa.org
Weapon Shield can be found online http://www.weaponshield.com or through dealers, I think there was someone in the group selling it at one point but I can't remember.
 #60446  by bmel17

y0rlik wrote:(We also ran into bmel on the way out.)
Why does everyone always leave when I show up?!?! I even showered! :lol:

This is the BEST video I know for how to clean a Glock! It's not for your Ruger, but I still think you'll enjoy~

http://youtu.be/E1m6Qct68wo
 #60460  by Lascivious1

bmel17 wrote:
y0rlik wrote:(We also ran into bmel on the way out.)
Why does everyone always leave when I show up?!?! I even showered! :lol:

This is the BEST video I know for how to clean a Glock! It's not for your Ruger, but I still think you'll enjoy~

http://youtu.be/E1m6Qct68wo
Maybe ill hire a stripper and have her clean it!
this way i wont have to show her how to strip it, lube it and cock it :pbjtime:

@ASTRO,

you never said.. i can use this to clean and lubricate?
 #60901  by bmel17

Lascivious1 wrote:What.. i kill the thread from my previous post? Know one likes strippers?
Like dogs, they don't have souls! :lol:
 #60904  by Frank

I have used many gun oils over the fifty or more years I have owned guns. The best I have found is Proshot Zero-friction synthetic lubricant. What I think makes it better, it it does not dry up (evaporate) as most do, even after several weeks. It feels slipperier, and takes less to do the job. I buy it from their web site, it is shipped directly to me. Shooter's Choice, in Cheswold, De. sells Proshot products, but no longer sells the oil, and for some reason will not.
That is why I get it direct from Proshot.