Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #61913  by bluedog46

I have a blackhawk serpa ( the one you push the button to pull the gun out) and a desantis leather pancake 3 slot holster for my Glock 17. It seems the blackhawk is a bit more bulkier. I have not fooled with Fobus, but it seems they have a closer to the body profile. Any fans here can tell me?

The only thing I dont like about the desantis is that its a bit old and in the upright posiition the gun dips a bit and I prefer not to wear it as a cant position as I have to now.
 #61919  by Lascivious1

I was looking at the fobus before i got my BH serpa and was looking at reviews and videos and saw 2 videos where people are able to just come up on you and break the whole holster off the clip or paddle.
Changed my mind real quick and after that ran into the BH.
For me that was the only thing keeping me from OC. i was worried about someone possibly walking up on me and trying to grab the gun.

I should have posted this sooner but last week i had my Ruger in my serpa and had a friend try and take it "yes gun was unloaded and checked a few times before we did it" . not only was he not able to take it when i was unaware but he pulled a couple time real hard and didnt even scratch the holster. instead the paddle scrachted my hip pretty bad and left some marks. i dont care if its bulky. shoot if i could slip a rifle in it i would! :D

I'd stick to the BH Serpa and say hell with it.
 #61923  by Guard_Duck

From what I've seen of a few different Fobus holsters is the fit is no where near as good as the Blackhawk. To the point of once the gun was in the holster, it was stuck.
 #61928  by MeanOperator

I have a Fobus holster for a Tausus PT111 9mm,and it does conceal well.It fits close and has an agle to where I feel comfortable.I can see where some people say it seems to get "stuck",but it has a tension screw so it can be adjusted at the trigger.It also keeps tension on that screw so it won't loosen up.One thing I dont like about it is that when my gun is in that holster,the end of the barrel sticks out about an inch or so.As far as someone coming up behind you and ripping it off like in the video,I don't think so.The Fobus holster seems extremely strong,and is riveted anf reinforced at the points where is supports.I think the Whites' of West Virgina did those videos...
 #61961  by bluedog46

Thanks guys.