Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #62662  by Hawkeye

Picked up a Safariland ALS paddle holster the other day and I am extremely happy with it. I had been using a Fobus paddle holster for my Glock 21sf and it was alright for concealed carry but I had been growing uncomfortable with it as an open carry holster. I wanted the extra level of retention. The Safariland ALS has a thumb release and for personal reasons I prefer this type of retention release over the finger release on the Serpa that is so popular with many people. The Safariland is much sturdier then the Fobus and the suede lining is a nice touch.
 #62692  by DMac

Hawkeye,

I'm not surprised that you are happy with your purchase. Safariland has been around for a long time. During my years in law enforcement (beginning in 1980), their products always served me well, and I found that their quality is unsurpassed. I still wear a Safariland basketweave patterned garrison belt (the velcro close model) every day. I find that it is excellent for supporting a holstered weapon. You made a smart choice.