Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #64287  by Red Alert

I'm going to head out today and purchase a cleaning kit. I would like a decent kit so looking for some advice here. I looked on the Dicks and Wallymart site and saw a couple I like but 50/50 reviews on pros and cons so a bit concern. I need a kit that can if possible will clean all cal. size long guns and pistols. I'm seeing it's best to get the lube and cleaner separate as the ones that come with the kits are not the best and I'm fine with that. However, the concern is that the kits that say they do all cal. bores seem to be a bit stretch on their advertisement meaning they really aren't the best for all types. With that being said if this is in fact the case I would prefer the pistol cleaner as I am going to start opening carrying it and range fire it more often.

Thanks in advance...
 #64291  by bmel17

cleaning kits that do all calibers just come with the extra bore brushes. They really are all the same to me, with the exception of bore snakes.
 #64293  by myopicvisionary

Get a boresnake for your pistol's caliber. Clean the bore, wipe everything off, lubricate and wipe down the exterior to remove salty fingerprints.
 #64330  by Lascivious1

i was wondering
as yuo can tell from all my questions in these forums :lol:

if you use a bore snake. how do you clean it after its been used enough to wear there is alot of debre on it?

you dont wash it it he sink or anything liek that do you?
 #64335  by Guard_Duck

bmel17 wrote:i throw mine in the wash
x2.

I have 4 at the moment. 9mm, .223/5.56, .30 cal, and 12 gauge. They work great, I got my single shot 12 gauge back from my dad on my last trip home, and it was nasty down the barrel. 2 passes with the boresnake and CLP (I use that $h!t on everything :lol: ) and the bore looked like glass.

As far as other cleaning kits, I have a Winchester pistol cleaning kit that I picked up from Wally World. Has bore brushes for .22, .38, .40. and .45, plush a patch holder. Works great, and all the pieces store in the handle, and it stays in the range bag.