Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #65692  by jslacker

Has anybody here stippled any magazines? I recently did some areas on mine and I must say it looks pretty darn good and it is grippy as a it gets without being too rough. Im thinking of switching the tip on my wood burner to get a different effect on my next project.

Post up your pics I will post mine up when I get home.
 #65696  by jslacker

The pics are from my phone so they aren't the best.
I practiced on the cover before taking it to the PMAG.
Haven't decided if I wanted to do the middle panels or not...
 #65716  by myopicvisionary

Looks good! The middle panels aren't really being gripped so I would leave them alone, yours look great as is. For stippling, I use a soldering iron.
 #65718  by jslacker

myopicvisionary wrote:Looks good! The middle panels aren't really being gripped so I would leave them alone, yours look great as is.
Thanks man! Yeah, that’s why I didn’t do the middle panels because you’re right I don’t really grip the middle panels when doing a mag change. The only reason I would want to do the middle panels would be for a uniformed look. I must say as sweaty as my hands get when shooting the stippling really helps with getting a good grip on things.

I used a wood burning tool kit to do this. I used the pointer tip but not the pointiest if that makes any sense. Lol They have a flat tip, pointy tip type, and a tip called a cutter tip that’s a really sharp pin point tip, they also have a couple of chisel type tips that I was thinking about using for a future project to get more of a snake skin/scale texture to it, my only concern with that style is having it be too aggressive.
myopicvisionary wrote:For stippling, I use a soldering iron.
Pics?
 #65817  by Dr. Eastwood

I love easy stuff like this. It's the little touches that make life easier.

Can you stipple some aluminum surplus mags for me?

:troll:
 #65823  by jslacker

Dr. Eastwood wrote:I love easy stuff like this. It's the little touches that make life easier.

Can you stipple some aluminum surplus mags for me?

:troll:
Challenge accepted. :twisted: