Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #90492  by bmel17

Taurus247 wrote:Any suggestions on Gun Belts. Right now I am using a BlackHawk CQC belt and its not standing up. The stitching is coming apart and just doesn't seem to be a good belt which is a surprise seeing as how most BlackHawk products are great quality.

I have been thinking about going to a web belt with either a buckle in the front or a just the "pull through" style.

Does anyone have experience with these type belts as a every day belt? What kind do you recommend?
5.11 trainer belts are really nice.
 #90494  by Taurus247

spillanej wrote:
Taurus247 wrote:Any suggestions on Gun Belts. Right now I am using a BlackHawk CQC belt and its not standing up. The stitching is coming apart and just doesn't seem to be a good belt which is a surprise seeing as how most BlackHawk products are great quality.

I have been thinking about going to a web belt with either a buckle in the front or a just the "pull through" style.

Does anyone have experience with these type belts as a every day belt? What kind do you recommend?
I wouldnt reccomend it. I found the belt style to be too pliable and very easily moved from its form around you. MEANING: entire holster and belt moves with your hand away from your waist as you draw. With a lot of holsters I found it easier to accidentally pull the whole holster off the belt instead of the gun out of the holster. Solid leather, mil-spec dimensions is where I stay now.
Not meaning to sound ungrateful and no insult intended but what do you recommend then?
 #90603  by spillanej

Taurus247 wrote:
spillanej wrote:

I wouldnt reccomend it. I found the belt style to be too pliable and very easily moved from its form around you. MEANING: entire holster and belt moves with your hand away from your waist as you draw. With a lot of holsters I found it easier to accidentally pull the whole holster off the belt instead of the gun out of the holster. Solid leather, mil-spec dimensions is where I stay now.
Not meaning to sound ungrateful and no insult intended but what do you recommend then?
Im looking too!!
 #91702  by MrCoolDale

Galco makes some great gun belts for a decent price. If I remember correctly, LAPoliceGear.com sells them for around $85 each. While it's a bit pricey for a belt, it's had the price of the custom gun belts from the top leather workers. I use a Galco for EDC and I couldn't be happier. It doesn't twist or sag under the weight of a loaded firearm and two spare mags, plus it's very comfortable.

I'm a big fan of 1 1/4" width belts as I've found anything larger than that to be a little tight in the pants' belt loops.