Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #67869  by Lascivious1

Anyone know of a place local or within say hours drive that sells safes. i see alot online but i want to get my hands on it before i shell out all that money. i would like to see in detail all its features. online they just give you a picture of the door open and closed.

things i want to see is how many bolts lock it shut. the thickness of the bolts and i want to look at it from my point of view and see if i think i can break in it.

now im not looking for some mammoth safe. just something that owuld hold say 1 AR 1 Shotgun and maybe 3 handguns and a crap load of ammo of course ;)

also do these safes normaly weigh alot? if i have to i plan to drop maybe 2 100# weigt on the bottom of the safe. since i cant bolt it down in my apartment i wanna make sure it would take ATLEAST 3 guys to get it out lol
 #67870  by Lascivious1

whats also important to me is that its not electric in anyway. i would like a combination lock with an option for key entry for fast grab.
 #67873  by Jonnybow

Tractor Supply has a pretty good selection of safes. I just bought one recently from them, it's a winchester and holds 21 guns (they say). I can fit 14 long guns and 6 pistols with some ammo, maybe 1500 rounds. Gotta get another now!
 #67874  by bmel17

Dicks by your place has them on the floor, just don't get the cheap sheet metal kind! Thieves usually don't carry a safe out, but tip it on its back and pry open the door. The key for them is leverage for their pry bar on the doors.
 #67875  by Lascivious1

bmel17 wrote:Dicks by your place has them on the floor, just don't get the cheap sheet metal kind! Thieves usually don't carry a safe out, but tip it on its back and pry open the door. The key for them is leverage for their pry bar on the doors.
na, i want steal. sheet metal lol
I could build it myself if i was going that way
 #67877  by Frank

Southern States has an annual sale of gun safes , their prices are hard to beat anywhere. I bought a 44 gun safe in Milford, $1500 for a safe normally priced at$2600.
 #67880  by WPCatfish

Byler's Store west of Dover has started carrying Gun Safes. And there's plenty of buggy parking too!
 #67895  by bluedog46

Targetmaster has a ton, but you would pay sales tax.
 #67931  by Lascivious1

Saw in Dicks a nice one for $400 from feild and stream. went to target today with a lady friend and saw the same exact safe from liberty for $457.

Anyon know if field and stream has a good reputation?