Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #68910  by Lascivious1

Like always..........Question: :D

Got some extr cash and want to start buying the smaller items for my AR15.
the Magpul pmags. i want to get the 30rnd windowed in black. does it matter if i get ones that say .223 or 5.56. my AR can shoot both. but im wondering if it matters witht he fit of the ammo in the mag?

also i guess since im a noob i see a few pmags that all look the same to me black and windowed but their all differently priced. whats the diffeence?

last one: want to get a foregrip but not the handle kind they look cheap and seam odd too me. i actually think they would make my markmanship worse. so i was looking at a angled foregrip like this one..... http://www.amazon.com/Magpul-PTS-Angled ... l+foregrip
I figure it would look cooler and also seam more stable in holding the rifle.
any opinions?
 #68914  by Lascivious1

thisis the mag im looking at.......
https://www.primaryarms.com/Magpul_30_R ... 211blk.htm

what im not sure about is it says ready for M-16. what about AR15?
and like i posted earlier says 5.56 i know .223 and 5.56 are basically the same ammo just wondering if i get this mag can i load .223 in it?

anyone that uses the pmags which i know if many. are the wondowed mags just as durable as the standard ones. i debating on buying them as i wonder witht eh thin plastic wondow may take away from the durability.
 #68928  by myopicvisionary

The PMags are for the AR-15/M-16. The mag well is identical. I have 21 PMags, a mix of plain and window versions. Both are tough as nails. Pricing of the same PMags between different supliers is a matter of their buying power, nothing to due with the magazine itself. As for accessories, spend your money on ammunition and PMags, then practice.... continually. Don't worry about goodies until your marksmanship is rock solid.
 #68935  by jslacker

I too use PMags and like them more than the metal GI issue mags...

I cant speak to the grip but I would think the ergonomics of the AFG would be better than that of a straight up and down fore grip. I do have a vertical Troy grip that I haven't tried out yet, but will let you know how I like it... you may also want to look into the magwell grip made by Mako I think.
 #68943  by bluedog46

I too have switched to pmags. I have like 8 so far and will probably buy more. they seem to be built like tanks.

The mag being .223 or 5.56 wont make a difference. i think the one exception is a ruger mini 14, but that is not an ar15.

Window ones seem cool, but have not gotten any yet. I will probably load my shtf mags with a couple tracers so I know when I am running out of ammo.
 #68951  by Lascivious1

Got it. thanks for the info. ill start out with 4 pmags and the angled grip.
I want the angled grip since things dont feel natural holding the rail for some reason.
 #68952  by rosco87

So far the best prices I have found for Pmags is from tactical distributors! They have a lot of awesome sales going on and if you like them on Facebook they always have contests going on and a lot of times give out codes for free overnight shipping or a percentage off!! And every order you get you get little green army men... Just a cool little thing they add!!!
 #68954  by bluedog46

rosco87 wrote:So far the best prices I have found for Pmags is from tactical distributors! They have a lot of awesome sales going on and if you like them on Facebook they always have contests going on and a lot of times give out codes for free overnight shipping or a percentage off!! And every order you get you get little green army men... Just a cool little thing they add!!!
Is that 14.99 or is there some type of coupon. I had seen them for like 11.99-13 a couple times but not latley.
 #68967  by Lascivious1

I like that site maybe next time ill go there but for now im gonna try out Batach Tactical.
I have read bad reviews about them but i have to give it a shot since i can get 4 pmags and 1 angle foregrip for $75 with a 20% coupon.
Cant pass it up saves me $20
 #69108  by Lascivious1

Well Lesson learned and take it from me a lesson for you folks too!

Don't shop at Botach Tactical!

like i said before i read bad reviews about their horrible CS and dealings with shipping. but i couldnt pass up the chance to get pmags for $11 each w/ free shipping.
Next time i wont be a cheap azz and will just pay the due.

I called them to make sure they had what i wanted in stock. the rep said yes we have it in stock. i then said how many becasue i plan to buy a decent amount just to get an idea where they stand. she told me they had over 40 in stock.

So i went online and ordered 4. yes just 4. well after one full day i wake this morning to an email that says they are back ordered :banghead: :banghead:

i called their CS and really laid it on them which wont do anything. but wanted them to know how many bad reviews they recieve and would recieve another from me and to fire the idiot that wasted my time and cancelled my order.

I cant even believe that they have the BBB icon on their website.

STAY AWAY!