Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #70082  by Lascivious1

I'm looking to add a Kayak or two to my activities for excerise and the ability to bail over water if land is a problem.
If you know anything about Kayaks please give me your input.
here are the needs that i would like in a kayak and if you can think of something better let me know.

So far this is what i have sifted through in 3 hours of searching. but i know there is alot more i just dont know about.
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/45918?pi ... google_pla

Hello, im looking for a kayak possibly. these are the features i am looking for. could you please recommend what you think would be a versitile kayak or other options that would fit these criteria's?

1: able to play in lvl2 waters if ned be or want too.

2: is good at tracking

3: theres days i want to relax but most times i see myself wanting to fly through the water. is there one that holds speed well and doesnt casue me to have to keep paddling constantly to keep up the pace.

4: plan to fish on it. not all the time just as a day out with the daughter or relaxation. i dont fish much if at mostly but my daughter may ask and if she does i want to be prepared.

5: plan to take it on a 2-3 day ride and camp. my BOB will be around 20 pounds for a situation like this. but if the shtf and i need to use the full BOB it may wiegh close to 50-60pounds.

6: i own a 2005 nissan sentra and i dont want to spend a grand on putting a hitch on my car and having to tag it. so my plan is to secure it on the roof.

So here is what i am looking for. i have a idea of what i want whch i posted ealier as the "wilderness 120 pungo" but i would like others to chime in and let me know if..

1: this is a good yak for my purposes

2: is there something better to fit my needs and could you please post a link or tell me the name so i may look it up.

3: let me know important features i should be looking for and watchout for things that suck!

thanks guys/girls
 #70089  by rosco87

I used to kayak but now I own a canoe I can paddle it around all day by myself I fish off it and plan to camp from it......also I have the ability to take on passengers if the need arises...if you plan on being out in the summer a closed in kayak gets HOT I will only buy an open top kayak to avoid the heat! I know a kayak dealer who works with Delaware paddle sports he can hook you up and test ride some different kinds if you want his contact info let me know!!
 #70121  by Lascivious1

rosco87 wrote:I used to kayak but now I own a canoe I can paddle it around all day by myself I fish off it and plan to camp from it......also I have the ability to take on passengers if the need arises...if you plan on being out in the summer a closed in kayak gets HOT I will only buy an open top kayak to avoid the heat! I know a kayak dealer who works with Delaware paddle sports he can hook you up and test ride some different kinds if you want his contact info let me know!!
yes please! how much does he charge to test out kayaks?

I am looking at the supposibly new "NuConoe Frontier 12" which is a hybrid kayak/conoe but something tells me ill have more fun on a kayak. i want to do everything a cnoe can do but i also want to be able to fly over the water with speed. i dont see a conoe doing this. but i dont know as im not experienced in this. any input on that Rosco?
 #70122  by rosco87

A longer kayak tracks better and will go faster in the water. Of course you could cheat like I did and I have a trolling motor for my canoe! I really wanted to be able to fish and not spend all day paddling! If you have Facebook find the page Hookset fishing and the owner of that page is the kayak dealer!
 #70124  by Lascivious1

I don't mind paddleng all day. its what i want... exercise!!

i just want to be able to do everything a conoe can do but when i want speed i wanna cruise without a motor.
 #70134  by rosco87

Yeah hes cool he sets up fishing trips from time to time and we all go somewhere and fish and paddle usually at least 6 other people always a fun time!!
 #70144  by Lascivious1

i havent fished in decades... really!

it would be nice to chill and drink a few brews and fish. but im also looking for some adrenaline rushes also and thats where im stuck on what kayak to get.
 #70149  by rosco87

Umm not much water around here for an adrenaline rush! Unless we get another H Irene to come thru!!
 #70152  by Lascivious1

only a 2 hour drive north in PA and ill find a place to drown myself :pbjtime:

Joking of course ;)