Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #77253  by Tate

I carry most days for the last year or more a S&W Swat II, to be honest it's a compete POS. liner lock doesn't hold the knife in place, never has. It was a gift so I didn't want to ask to return it. It's worked for the small stuff I've needed it for though. I really need to invest in a nicer knife but I can't justify spending a fortune because I know I will loose it. Been thinking of buying a fixed blade though.
 #80944  by sampson13

I carry a Smith and Wesson M&P spring assisted 3.6 in blade I love it it's a nice peice of equipment and feels like a real weapon in your hand and not just a folding pocket knife I also like that it has a safety. I keep it on my belt,however in a traffic stop situation I would put it on the seat so it is openly visible as it is longer than three inches. 3 inches or under can be treated as an everyday pocketknife with no restrictions but once you are over 3in then it's a regulated deadly weapon but can be carried openly such as your firearm. I also have a S&W Xtreme Ops 3in blade liner lock folder for general use such as opening a box or whatever and the M&P knife is strictly for aggression and its first use if possible would be as a percussion weapon and if that isnt an option then I'm probably un holstering my firearm or as we know whatever the situation calls for if I cannot retreat or remove myself from imminent danger and bodily harm. to go one step further on this subject my tactical flashlight is the first line of defense as I hope to assess the assailant and possibly blind or disorient him and then determine what step two should be percussion defense(a whack on the head with my knife) or a slice or next of course ,after a verbal warning,my firearm.
 #84657  by bmel17

I've started EDCing a Kershaw leek about 3 months or so ago. I have even bought 2 more of them I like it so much. Can't say a bad thing about it.

Great price -$34 shipped with ODG handle, it opens fast, and has a 3 inch blade
 #84660  by radnor

bmel17 wrote:I've started EDCing a Kershaw leek about 3 months or so ago. I have even bought 2 more of them I like it so much. Can't say a bad thing about it.

Great price -$34 shipped with ODG handle, it opens fast, and has a 3 inch blade
Have a leek too. Love it. Now EDC is a 1670BLK Kershaw.
 #84677  by Owen

Being a gadget guy, I carry a Victorinox Swiss Army CyberTool 41 Multitool Knife. It has a lot of nice features but is not a self defense knife. I'm considering getting a more "tactical" knife at some point.
 #84715  by MrCoolDale

I can't believe I'm the only other one pimping CRKT. I've been through Gerber, Kershaw, SOG, Extema Ratio, Spyderco, and several others. While they are all great quality, you just don't get the amount of knife for the price that CRKT offers. I have my Ken Onion designed EROS that is absolutely amazing. It is a titanium frame with a nice steel blade. Very thin and just right for carry. It's not assisted opening, but their ball bearing system certainly makes it feel like it is.

My M16 is for more rigorous use and for situations that warrant a lot more knife. I have the ABC that I used to carry on the bike and is with me in harsher environments. The Ultima hangs on my Duty Belt and is part of my Bug Out system. I have somewhere in the ballpark of 25 different CRKT knives and I have never regretted a single purchase from them. They hold their edge fantastically and look great doing it. In the end, it is the CRKT EROS and Badger that I recommend for EDC. They are of legal concealment size, lightweight, relatively cheap ($150ish), and have lasted me a very long time of continuous use.

My EROS and the Badger (I swap between the two depending on what I'm wearing) have done everything from trim my mustache, to opening envelopes, trimming the fat off a steak, cutting electrical wires, piercing aluminum cans, and many other things that you should never do with a knife.

I almost never carry a knife with a serrated edge unless its a big knife. I like a good, smooth cutting surface. Preferably a fine tip and a slightly curved blade. Get the EROS, you won't be disappointed.
http://www.crkt.com/K455TXP?&search_id=380491
They can be found on amazon and eBay at prices around $150-$175 without much effort.