Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #73077  by jslacker

Hey there DELOC, I'm wanting to save up some cash to get an optic to put ontop of my AR. The thing is I do not want to pay full price but I do want quality. Im looking to get some sort of red dot with the option of adding a magnifier later on down the line. Does anybody know a good place that has top brand manufacturers for a discounted price?
 #73080  by Mr.Skellington

jslacker wrote:Hey there DELOC, I'm wanting to save up some cash to get an optic to put ontop of my AR. The thing is I do not want to pay full price but I do want quality. Im looking to get some sort of red dot with the option of adding a magnifier later on down the line. Does anybody know a good place that has top brand manufacturers for a discounted price?
I like optics planet,
http://www.opticsplanet.com/

I've ordered from there a few times with all transactions positive. I usually find the lowest prices or very close to it there as well.
 #73083  by jslacker

Thanks for the heads up on optics planet... I had forgotten about them, I had read some horror stories on some various forums around the web and I guess I just put them out of my head. Glad to hear you haven't had any issues with them.
 #73084  by Mr.Skellington

jslacker wrote:Thanks for the heads up on optics planet... I had forgotten about them, I had read some horror stories on some various forums around the web and I guess I just put them out of my head. Glad to hear you haven't had any issues with them.
Double check that its actually optics planet being discussed negatively. I know that there is another site with a deceptively similar name that provides lousy service. A member here was burned by brand X while thinking it was Optics Planet not so long ago.
 #73085  by bmel17

it's optic something else that is bad. I ordered from them once and it was a bad experience. Opticsplanet though was great to deal with
 #73086  by jslacker

Thanks for the clarification gents. 8-)
 #73095  by dave_in_delaware

I got my Mueller Tactical scope from Outdooropticshop.com and I loved the customer service and price. Great shipping packaging. I was very happy with them. The Scope is of great quality, too.

Might check them out. Not sure if they sell what you're looking for though. I bought from them years ago.
 #73107  by jslacker

Thanks Dave
 #73147  by jslacker

Thanks for everyone's input. Looks like optics planet will be getting another customer here shortly.

Sometimes, no scratch that, all the time it sucks having a champagne appetite on a beer budget!